furl cell

goingforbroke

im looking to put a fuel cell on my pulling truck and was wondering if a 3 gal cell would be a ok size to run or should i go with a bigger size? i would like to put it up front and am limited on space. just wanted to see what you guys thought before i buy one thanks matt

3 gallon is plenty. I ran a 3 gallon on mine all season. By the time its unloaded off the trailer, driven around the pits, make a pass, and back to the trailer, it used about a gallon and 1/2, maybe a little less.

Do you have a picture or where did you get your fuel cell from Josh? I'm looking to add mine up front but with limited space (like the op) I have my air to water out there and run 4" pipe thru the bumper.

i didnt get a cell yet was looking to get one either made or buy one from jegs or summit but the biggest outlet size they have is a an 8 or 10.

-8 or -10 is plenty. Josh has the same upright cell as me bolted onto the back of his weight box. This is how mine is plumed.

IMG_20130512_035657_zpsaa0835ba.jpg

I have one in the bed now and had to get weld in bungs for mine. I used -12 and -6 but want it out front along with my batteries

Just do the same and mount it on the back side of your box, run the lines under your bumper and into your engine bay.

If your hanging it out front it doesn't really matter how big it is cause it's weight anyhow. I went with a 7 gallon ensure I wasn't getting too much air from the sloshing around.

If your hanging it out front it doesn't really matter how big it is cause it's weight anyhow. I went with a 7 gallon ensure I wasn't getting too much air from the sloshing around.

Figured you had an Air Dog to get rid of all that air :poke:

LOL just razzin!

looks nice Chase. I have a 5 gallon now and no space along with no space for my battery

Figured you had an Air Dog to get rid of all that air :poke:

LOL just razzin!

As much as I greatly appreciate those who run 2-3 electric pumps trying to keep up with some monster fueling. And I love to help people out on costs and things to get them going. But I personally don't like messing with it. I did strap 2 of them on to show it worked. Which it did and then I took them off. Moved the fuel cell up front and stuck the waterman on.

Last edited:
As much as I greatly appreciate those who run 2-3 electric pumps trying to keep up with some monster fueling. I'm not one of them. I did strap 2 of them on to show it worked. Which it did and then I took them off. Moved the fuel cell up front and stuck the waterman on.

Just bustin balls I run an air dog and always have.

Sent from my Obama foneeeeeee!!!!! (Jay Kay)

Just bustin balls I run an air dog and always have.

No worries here. There have been a few vehicles I sponsored that I try telling them it's time to get away from the electric pump. But there are many that enjoy them more. I love to sell stuff but won't recommend it if it's not going to work. For example. My new truck will also have a waterman on it.

No worries here. There have been a few vehicles I sponsored that I try telling them it's time to get away from the electric pump. But there are many that enjoy them more. I love to sell stuff but won't recommend it if it's not going to work. For example. My new truck will also have a waterman on it.

I hear ya. That's a good thing man! Electric has it's place but like you said it takes multiple electric pumps to achieve the same end result in some applications.

Anyhow sorry op for the derail :D