G&J Big Sky Truckfest, Yellowstone Dragstrip June 18th Billings, Montana

You really took 1st place points on a coin toss? I thought everyone agreed to receive the same points.

Official Results:

The 3 of us did a coin toss to decide 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Verlon took 3rd, Michael took 2nd, and I took 1st. I awarded everyone else in Sportsman 1st round winner's points (50). This would have been a 5 round race so Verlon was awarded 70 points, Michael 80 points, and I was awarded 100 points via the NHRDA Points Rules.

Thank you for the great food and company go out the Brad and Tracy and all the G & J crew! I personally like the arm drop, may be a fun addition to all the races.

Maybe have a break durring the day and have some old fashion arm drops grudge matchs, i'm sure the crowds would like it

Ya, I understood everyone was awarded the same also. I raised my hand also, I was in second for points. I do not think the points leader made it to the race. Not sure I can make it to the last race, but I did not want to eliminate the possibility. The best was made out of the day and on a good note I finally convinced my wife to make a couple laps, and she enjoyed it!

You really took 1st place points on a coin toss? I thought everyone agreed to receive the same points.

Official Results:

The 3 of us did a coin toss to decide 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Verlon took 3rd, Michael took 2nd, and I took 1st. I awarded everyone else in Sportsman 1st round winner's points (50). This would have been a 5 round race so Verlon was awarded 70 points, Michael 80 points, and I was awarded 100 points via the NHRDA Points Rules.

MY MISTAKE - I checked with Randy this morning and he verified that everyone in Sportsman would be awarded the same numer of points so everyone has received 50 1st round winner's points. My error was in processing the heads up classes which received their round by round points and I mistakenly carried that into Sportsman. The change has been made to the master points spreadsheet and will be posted on the NHRDA website sometime after the Brainerd event.

Jim

Ya, I understood everyone was awarded the same also. I raised my hand also, I was in second for points. I do not think the points leader made it to the race. Not sure I can make it to the last race, but I did not want to eliminate the possibility. The best was made out of the day and on a good note I finally convinced my wife to make a couple laps, and she enjoyed it!

If your name is Justin Dall we (Michael, Verlon, and I) weren't aware that you had raised your hand. If we had known you had raised your hand you would have been inclued in the coin toss as well. If it is any consolation you are now the Division 1 points leader. Hope to see you at the Portland event where you will have a chance to win the Division 1 Championship.

Jim

Last edited:
I felt like I should shave my head

IMG_4021.jpg

Haha, looks like Randy's gonna be on the next episode of "So you want to be like the guy from pinks" reality show.

I would have raised my hand, but unfortunately missed Spokane already; but thats irrelevant now. I definitely would have leg wrestled for a Sportsman trophy though. Hahahaha!

Thanks again guys. The grudge match arm drop wouldnt be too bad of an idea. It was for sure something I was not expecting. 2 months to Portland!

Alright, the division title will be decided in Portland at the (shameless plug) ISSPRO Nationals!!! As title sponsor can I insert new rules like an outright ban on trucks with shark logos? ;)

Alright, the division title will be decided in Portland at the (shameless plug) ISSPRO Nationals!!! As title sponsor can I insert new rules like an outright ban on trucks with shark logos? ;)

I'll take the shark decals off if you race your truck with your camper installed.

Back