G56 shelled out need parts

black cummins

tried to run in a stock class no weights in second high. plenty of power could not keep it from jumping off the ground didn't back out soon enough. From what I have read the g56 is not as durable is that correct? Where is the best and cheapest place to get parts. all I have found is Mopar and Zbag. Is any one making any upgrades for the G56? Almost scared to pull it again, but was doing so good didn't really want to quit. Is it not a good idea to run 2nd high? Wish I had enough to run 5th low. Any comments? Thanks.

Always run the low side of the TC. You can convert it to a NV5600. I think the clutch will work, just make sure you get a NV5600 from a 03+ with the 1 3/8" input shaft. If your truck is an 06, you may have to get a BD Short Shifter. I was told the top gears will hit the dash. You can get a whole tranny at All Standard Transmission in Beech Grove, IN. I gave $2500 after the core exchange. Its $3000 with out a core, or if they reject your tranny as a core. Hope this helps. Check out my post in the other G56 for pulling thread.

Back