G56 trade for 47/48re

Poulina

Looking for a mildly built 47 or 48 (manual valve body preferred) to trade for my G56 out of my 08 6.7

The trans has 131xxx on it, never beat on. Only used in a daily driving truck, no pulling or drag racing.

Has a SouthBend dual disk organic/ceramic plates, upgraded hydraulics, flywheel, shifter, and one piece aluminum driveshaft if you need it. Not going to be able to use it with a 47/48 because it's shorter than a g56.

Hit me up with any questions or offers at (650) 269-3471

Thanks

I will trade, but my 48re is stock with 192k miles on it. And I live in Texas.

Sure, if you want to buy me a rebuilt kit, valvebody and a converter to go with it

FWIW, I swapped a G56 with SBC 3600 street DD with the t-case and front driveshaft for a stock, functional 48RE with t-case and front driveshaft and $1500.

Yeah unfortunately I'm finding out that the g56's just aren't worth all that much...

Start piecing swap parts together, and buy a core to have built.

If only you werent on the other side of the country. I have a freshly built 48re with no expense spared.

Yeah unfortunately I'm finding out that the g56's just aren't worth all that much...
Because, frankly, they are a POS transmission.
Doesn't matter who owns it.

In 2004.5 Cummins built a 325 horsepower engine, in 2005.5 Mercedes built a 300 horsepower trans to go behind it.

Mark.

Back