gallery gasket

dieselpro55

well after removing the pump and replacing the gasket the cover still leaks..why and help...is the camshaft cover bad or warped...help

i am working on a 96 12v and the gallery gasket (camshaft cover) behind the injection pump is leaking...I replaced it and it still leaks

if your referencing to the tappet cover they get cracks in them and will leak. thats the one thing on my motor that leaks. im thinking of making something like a billet piece to put on to end the problem once im back home

its leaking from the bottom of the gallery lifter cover...right below the gasket???warped or too much crankcase pressure???

They will blow oil out around the gasket. The gasket is a BAD design. Go to cummins and get a new gasket. Clean the cover so that you have all the oil off of it, put the gasket on and then run a bead of black RTV around the inside sealing the edge of the gasket to the cover. Let it sit overnight and then put it on. When you tighten it up, work in a circle pattern from the center and pull it down evenly.

Make sure there is not a peanut stuck between the mating surfaces or it will likely leak again.