Garrett Turbo Housings

Signature600

THA MAN!
Looking for someone to sell me turbo housings for a GT4594R Garrett Turbo. I think S400 housings could be close, but I can't get anyone to talk to me after they find out it's a Garrett.

I don't care if it's factory, or machined to fit, I just need housings.

Oh, I did get one guy to help, Tom @ Turbo Resource can help, but I'm looking for a few more options.

Thanks for the help,
Chris

Chris, will none of the newer GT45 housing fit it, or are you wanting to go with something special?, if so I might have a guy you could call and he may be able to help you out.

The problem is no one can even find any housings for it, at least not that small.

Tom at Turbo Resource can put a 1.01A/R on it, but I'd like to go smaller.

A couple people may have found something, but I'll keep you in mind!
Chris

I know someone who would like to know the same for a Gt4202. Maybe a .90 T4? Same boat as chris, same questions.

The 4202 should be a little easier...the turbine wheel is smaller, so they should have more options to make it fit.

I'll let you know the exact sizing in a week or so when mine get's here:D

Chris

Did you get a housing or are you talking about the exact sizing of the gt45?

Curious what you are up to?

Well, you asked about a GT4202R...I have one coming that I can measure up and see if anything else should fit.

I have the GT4594R CHRA that I've measured, that I'm trying to find housings for.

I'm going to use one or the other for the top charger in my new twinset...hopefully the GT4594R.

Then I'll probably find someone to pair up the GT4202R with the Stage 2 BB Garrett I have and see if they'll work well in a twinset.

I have a few things I want to try...but not enough testbeds with cash:hehe::hehe:

Chris

I have a reg cab short box drag truck if you need a test bed. :poke: I would love to try a set of twins. :poke: I run a 71mm S300 single now. I would even be willing to plumb them in my truck. See test beds are easy to find!

The turbo I am asking about is not a ball bearing charger though. I don't know if that matters or not as far as housings. It has a 1.01 on it now. Trying it as a single.

Journal and Ball bearing use the same housings...I also have a journal bearing GT4294 in need of a rebuild...last guy melted it down:hehe:

How much fuel do you have? I'm planning on a big twinset in my 1/2 ton shortbed...either 2.8" over 3.6", or 3.0" over 3.6".

Chris

I am not running a 13mm pump if that is what you are asking.
5x16 sticks, 12mm pump, etc. I really don't know how it is going to run yet since we changed sticks and some pump mods earlier this winter and it has been too cold to try much since. Topeka, April 4th will be its first run of the year. Nothing like going to a race without an opportunity to tune the setup!

:hehe: I'm building a whole truck and going to be lucky if I can have it running before I leave for TS:D

You should have about the same fuel as I will...I've got a 650cc 12mm pump, 5x.014 sticks, billet cam, etc.

The 1.01 A/R GT4202 will spool somewhere around 23-2400RPM...but it won't really come "alive" for a couple hundred more...at least that was our experience with the GT4294 with a 1.01A/R, at around 28* of timing.

Chris

My build has been over the past couple years. It just takes an event each year to push getting things done. I want to go to TS but I don't think it is in the cards this year.

Had ddp4s last year and we ran out of fuel and gears, so we swapped the bigger injectors in and changed to 3.54s. The little test drive was promising. We still need to up the timing ~10 more degrees to see what we have. New brakes will tell the story if we can get our 60ft down.
What are you going for 10s I assume?

I know we would like to try to get that rpm number down a little on the gt42, but weather or not it is possible or worth it is yet to be seen. If not we will probably step down to a S465.

I want to run 10.5...but we all know how fast those trucks really go;) For this year, if I can go 10's I'll be happy...but it's getting an 8.50 cage:evil

Depending on your converter, the GT42 could be fine...the converter we used was too tight for that charger, but it worked.

Let me see what I find on housings...we might be able to work something out;)
Chris

The gt42 is on a manual trans puller. The s300 is plenty big for me right now. It is last step before twins.

I am hoping we need a cage this year. 10s would be ...... wow.... better than I am planning on right now. But then again we started the build to be a 12.0 truck and there is no way we are stopping there.

Already talked to him...he can't help me without a part number...which I don't have???

Chris