Garrett turbo

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
Can anyone help me out with specs on this? I believe it is a GTA4508V variable vane turbo. Here are the numbers I got off the turbo.

Detroit Diesel Tag
Model S60 VG 14L
P/N R23534775
S/N K9814 B0609

Number off compressor cover
A.R .69 1784-7 2 754521

Exhaust housing
A.R 1.72 M3 llJ4

Any info would be great. I'd like to use it as a primary. It needs rebuilt first but I have nothing into it. I'd like to run this and a M112 Eaton supercharger.

Thanks just like to find some specs on it. I haven't broke it apart to measure anything yet.

4508v is an 80mm inducer. The 4502v seems to be more common and it has a 70mm/102mm compressor.

The controller I have on mine cracks open around 15psi and is full open around 50psi. In theory I think it could be plumbed directly from the compressor discharge and run off of boost pressure.

It may work good as a big single? I have been wanting to try one of mine but I have not.

How are you controlling yours? I was wondering if the exhaust side is going to be to large even choked down with the vane.
Pics
CIMG0038-3.jpg

CIMG0039-1.jpg

Looks like a 70mm version that needs a new wheel....:poke:

I have never run mine since we like our HE551v and don't want to change it right now.

I would try to use the factory controller that is on the turbo. Plumb a line from the hole that is already on the compressor cover to the controller. You may have to limit how far the veins close with the limiting bolt that is already on the exhaust housing for the best spool up and driveability. The numbers I posted before are the numbers I came up with on the stock actuator like yours.

It never hurts to try it.

Yeah there are two chips in the wheel and the reason I been trying to figure it out. I was planning on running it a similar way as to what you said. It looks like I should be able to get it to work pretty easy. I don't know a good place to find parts

Officially, that is a Garrett GTA4502V.

The comp wheel exducer is the common 102mm. It's a 48 trim wheel which puts the inducer at about 70.7mm. Wheel p/n is 728638-12. It is a boreless wheel, meaning the wheel has a threaded hole in it that you tighten onto a stub shaft, not like a the more common bore-through design with a separate nut on the front.

I think Columbus Diesel could probably help you out. Check your PM box.

Back