$ gauges?

meloyelo7337

i will need to get some one to install my gauges for me. i am new to the area that i live in so i dont have my "go to" mechanic that i trust...yet. SO THE QUESTION IS- for the guys that did get their gauges installed or for the guys that charge people to install the gauges, around how much $ to install the gauges and how long should i expect to be with out my truck.
egt, fuel pressure, boost would be the gauges in question
i have an 03 dodge ram 5.9
thank you

I think maybe there's a few people on this site or maybe TDR that are in your area that wouldn't mind at least supervising the installation. It's so easy to do, even I've done it. That speaks volumes right there.

I would save the money and do it myself. I will only take about 3 hours.

how do i search for where people live / how do i find the people that are willing to help

Meloy If you put in your Puck and preator then you can put in your Gadges Bro its Not that hard. F/P
And Welcome to Comp D .

Last edited:
I recommend mechanical gauges. I have a very hard time trusting electrical gauges after having 3 FP senders crapping out on me and causing me to buy a whole new fuel system when I didn't have to.

At a diesel garage it typically takes 3 hours to install mechanical gauges. You can do it yourself, but drilling the exhaust manifold looked alittle tricky for me. Thats why I had the pro at Keystone Diesel (PA) do mine. Cost for gauges plus labor was around 500 bucks (100 bucks labor). I would search around, I sure there are some shops you can find in your area if you dont want to do it yourself. I also recommend mech gauges.

thanks abunch guys for all the insight. i probly could do most of the work but the egt prob...well to much can go wrong so i think i will leave it to the pros. and the mech gaurges i guess are the way to go, huh. sounds good. except for the 500 bucks part:hehe: