G'day from Christchurch, New Zealand

xtremitys

Cruiser4x4
howdy to all addicted to Diesel Power,

I'm an Aussie living in christchurch , NZ , moved here some 4 months ago as addicted to the outdoors . I work as a chippy ( carpenter ) and am gettn more & more addicted to Turbo Diesel's .

My interest in Diesels started 2 years ago on a project vehicle i was building - 68' Jeep J2000 i was going to drop a cummins 4BT & ZF 6 speed & T/case . but then dropped the project as was planning to move to NZ for a lifestyle change .

I have been here for 4 months , I have a 89' Toyota landcruiser SWB that has a 2LT ( "IDI" 2.4 turbo diesel ) - gutless and needs a freshen . planning to build& Blueprint a tough 13BT ( toyota 3.4 "DI" turbo diesel ) right now . lookn to stroke it & bore out block for bigger sleeves( with a crank from 14,15B ), modify head for roller rockers,propance injection , etc

Just won a the bid on ebay for a Garret GT25 VATN turbo , plan to find another and run a pair on custom manifolds , water/Air intercooler .seeking as much info as i can about Diesel stuff !well theres where i am at

Last edited:
I once was a Kiwi too. I grew up in Lower Hutt near Wellington. Hows the weather.

the weather , well coming from aussie at the start of summer here , seemed more like spring to me . was coldest winter in like 30 yrs & summer was similar , the odd over 30c day.

just wondering if anyone knows of any Toyota diesel performace sites around ???

, tryn to get as much info as i can into the Toyota "B" series engine family(13,14 &15Bt )engines as build is coming up soon & need as much info as i can get & can't see much when i use "search engines", already use pirate4x4 , IH8mud , etc

Welcome to the site...Sorry but I don't know any other Toyota Diesel sites? Good luck on your Projects.

Back