GDP Fuel Boss & Mitusa Question

GhostRider7

I'm looking at changing over from my current FASS 150 HPFP to one of these mechanical pumps. My question is: Can either of these systems be installed without dropping the tank being that I alread have a draw staw in place from the FASS? I think you can do it with the Fuel Boss but not so sure about the Mitusa. I think with the Mitusa you have to go through the factory canister. I may be wrong though

Thanks

With the Mitusa you do not have to go through the factory canister. The draw straw will work fine. On an 05, the factory lift pump is in the tank, and though it was designed to be a draw through system in case of failure, that is often not the case. The opening in the factory pump is also very small and restrictive. So... You can either use a drawstraw, or replace the factory canister with one out of a diesel Liberty. I have done it both ways on my 05 and each way works. I've had the Mitusa on there for about 1.5 years now.

Paul

With the Mitusa you do not have to go through the factory canister. The draw straw will work fine. On an 05, the factory lift pump is in the tank, and though it was designed to be a draw through system in case of failure, that is often not the case. The opening in the factory pump is also very small and restrictive. So... You can either use a drawstraw, or replace the factory canister with one out of a diesel Liberty. I have done it both ways on my 05 and each way works. I've had the Mitusa on there for about 1.5 years now.

Paul

Thanks man that's great news!! I would really prefer to not drop that tank down out of there again so I'm happy to hear that the Mitusa will work with my draw straw

Now if I did it this way would my factory in tank pump be inoperable? Or is it still wired to be used as a backup? I really don't care if the factory pump is unused because of the relieabiliy of these mechanical pumps. I was just curious