gear box

CumminsDriver

BAM BAM
how do i go about tightening up the steering gear box on my 03? Also my pump is whining how do i flush it out and or replace the pump?

if the pump is whining check the fluid level of the pump reservoir just below the apps on the front of the motor.

as for tightening the steering you have to go from under the truck and loosen the 13mm nut on the stud coming out of the top of the gear box you'll need an allen key to hold the stud. back the nut off a little ways then use the allen key to turn the stud into the gear box check you steering cause you don't want to make it to tight or it will bind up. then tighten the nut back down on the stud. this will remove the play in the steering wheel and make your steering more responsive. also suggest that you us a little lock tight on the stud when you tighten the nut back down to it doesn't work its way loose.

i will try to get pictures tonight of the gear box i have sitting on the bench in my garage.

thanks it tightened it up alot i need to tighten it up alittle more but it made a big difference.