gear ratios? nv4500---- welding front dana60

blackBullet

does anyone know the gear ratios 4 the nv4500 high and low ranges. also have ne u guys welded together a dana 60 4 pulling instead buying a locker a hear alota guys doing this does it hold up??

1st....................................5.61:1
2nd...................................3.04:1
3rd....................................1.67:1
4th....................................1.00:1
5th.......................................75:1
T-case is 2.72

hmmmmmm do u thibk it would hold up to 600 horse??? would u recomend doing it? um and how do u fig ratios high to low like wats faster 5th low or 3 high

I would if you weld it good. I welded mine rite in the truck that kind of horsepower mite be worth pulling it ot and do it rite

hmmmmmm do u thibk it would hold up to 600 horse??? would u recomend doing it? um and how do u fig ratios high to low like wats faster 5th low or 3 high

Properly welded spider gears are just as strong as any locker/spool. Other part's in the rearend/frontend will break before a welded carrier,locker,spool will...most of the time.

When figure gear ratios,Use the transfer case gear reduction in your equation for low lock witch is 2.72 to 1. when figering hi lock it's 1 to 1 so skip that part of the equation and just use your trans gear ratio and rearend ratio.

Last edited: