general maintinance

crashadenali

hey i just baught this pos and love it so what do i need to service to make sure it runs great like filters and stuff i have had gas burners my whole life and now i know what ive been missing please give me som recomendations on what oil to use and things of this nature thanks guy Bliss

Stick with Motorcraft or Racor for oil and fuel filters. Fram oil filters are repackaged Racors. Do not use anything else that "will fit" like Wix or you will be sorry down the road. Change the oil and filter every 5k or less. Change both fuel filters every 10-15k. Most of us use full synthetic. Many will tell you to stay away from the Shell Rotella T dino as well. Don't bother with an aftermarket air filter unless you plan on doing major mods to break the 500hp mark. The stock filter flows plenty of air.

Don't let the truck sit for weeks without driving it. The turbo can rust and the vanes will stick. Punch the go pedal every week or so to help keep it clean. If towing or running it hard and you are using dino oil let it sit and cool down before shutting off the engine to prevent coking in the turbo.

Other than that there's loads of info here, but it's mostly geared towards mods and performance. If you want basic maint. and other info try ford-trucks.com forums. The super duty and 6.0L forums have a lot more basic info.

i have overnighted the sct x3 have the exhaust and kn cold air tranny and injectors r next just need to know the basics first i have always used full syn in everything i drive including my commercial mowers cant go wrong cause its clean when u start thanks for the input ill be sure to change the filters this weekend and the oil as well because u never know what the guy before has done or not done thanks Bliss

umm, a period . would be great. It's a bit hard to read your posts. As far as the tranny, the 5R110 is a great transmission and doesn't need any mods unless you are going BIG. What exactly is your goal?

im not real sure yet. but u can never have to much power. i pull lawnmowers around all day so i cant get too crazy, but who knows. im used to typing in poker chat rooms sorry!!

I wouldnt put that K&N intake on unless you want to replace the turbo in the not so distant future because they dont filter the air well enough for a diesel. There are better intakes out there and like whats been said earlier just use the stock intake unless you plan on pushing past 500hp.

im planning on at least 500hp,:st: have the sct x3 now and my 35x14.50 are getting shorter every time i drive it

I would still rethink the K&N filter there some better ones out there like AEM and Volant. Are you in Illinois that truck looks really familar there was a member on another forum that I belong to that had a truck identical to the one you own that he traded not to long ago.

no this truck is from florida im the second owner, it already looks diff from that pic but im not going to replace it till i get done playin. as far as the intake goes it was on it when i baught it so there it will stay for now, i have bigger fish to fry, thanks for the input everything helps

An air intake is important. It is one of the bigger fish you need to fry NOW. I don't know for sure but I would guess in the lawn business, you are near alot of dust all the time being kicked up by mowers. The K&N doesn't filter as well as most filters on the market. You will end up eating a turbo with that on there.

Also there is a spell checker on the upper right hand corner of the post box.