Getrag Question

DannyD.

I have recently purchased a 89 4x4 CTD with the 5 speed getrag, i turned the pump up a little and now it seems that i need a clutch, what are my options, can i use a clutch out of a nv4500 or 5600, what is the difference. also it hung in third gear yesterday, what would cause it to hang and what do i need to do to fix this prob. thanks in advance for any advice.

I have recently purchased a 89 4x4 CTD with the 5 speed getrag, i turned the pump up a little and now it seems that i need a clutch, what are my options, can i use a clutch out of a nv4500 or 5600, what is the difference. also it hung in third gear yesterday, what would cause it to hang and what do i need to do to fix this prob. thanks in advance for any advice.

Hung in gear sounds like shift fork that moves the slider has slipped on the shift fork shaft.

Not familiar with the 5-speed Getrag, it may have an inspection hole where you can see the 3rd gear stack. If it does you can pop it out of gear with a screw driver, and retighten the pinch bolt on the shift fork shaft, but most likely scenario is that tranny needs to come apart.