Getting ready for a 800+hp build!

Diesel Smoke

Ive been working part time in a shop this summer an we just got a 2006 dodge 2500 with the 5.9 cummins an he wants to get her built up with 800+ hp maybe 1000hp, but we want it streetable, We havent built one this big so were wondering whats the best route were big supports of Industrial Injection so Im sure most of our parts will come there, I got somewhat of a list here but this is what im think Industrail Injection phatshaft racing twin turbos,Industrail Injection Dual stage 3 CP3,Industrial Injection" super dragon flow injectors,Fass 150-95 pump,smart tnt,5" exhaust in 7" or 8" stacks,banks or BD intercooler,snow water meth,arp head studs,ATS stage 5 tranny an 250 shot of *nx* what is everyons guess on power? an were can we find traction bars the truck is not going to be lifted its got a level kit a 315 tires i do belive, Like I said first big pulling truck weve done needs some help an Ill be taking notes for my truck!:rockwoot:

Talk to Tim at TRE Diesel in Va or LLoyd at Mid Atlantic Diesel in Md, both of them have made it to four digits on CR trucks. Tim's one of the best around for autos too.

Luke at L&L Diesel can clue you in on what your gna need to make that kinda power out of a cr. shop number is 270-664-2600 and cell number is 270-952-1768 he's pretty slick at the cummins and auto trans, we've got my truck around 700 range on single charger and driving it daily tell i purchase another truck here soon. 86 mile trip one way to work every day

thanks guys im thinking that setup should be 800+ an we've talked to the owner of the truck an he said go for it with the list I came up with so money i guess isnt a factor. An would it be a good idea to go to a 150GPH pump instead of 95gph?

Last edited:
That setup would probably get you some good numbers, but If you are going to be a puller, you need to check on the rules first. Many pulling organizations don't allow dual cp3's, and nitrous. Using twins will put you in a class pulling against some big boys like Big Bad Dodge ext. I would check into tranny selection also. Trying not to bash ATS, but there are others out there that makes a better transmission for less. If you want I can pm you my basic setup, or if you look hard enough it's already posted up here somewhere. I made 837.77hp on Left Coast Diesels dyno last May.

I don't think your gonna be able to do all that and be legal on the pulling track, maybe brush pulls. If he wants a full out pulling truck your gonna have to ditch the twins and the nitrous. Gonna have to look at a turbo that will keep things cool enough personally I would see what class he is wanting to pull. Turbos I would look at a custom S400 if he is really wanting to pull. The dual pumps will be fine but I do not think he will need dual dragon flows. Tranny I would also take a look at georand tranny they seem to hold up very well in pulling.

I would talk to Browns diesel, their number is 559-867-1111. . From what I understand Erick has the highest horsepower cr on fuel only, I know Lloyd from mid atlantic is also really high, not sure who the winner is but they are both above 1000.

lloyd mills currently hold the title of highest CR HP on nitrous
240-818-2973 is lloyd's number

I recommend Industrial Injection. My truck is a strong runner and all the turbo's, CP3's, and motor build was II. Just about everything on my truck is II, if they make it for the CR, Chances are I'm running it. And I drive it every single day. Its is my only wheels. And its backed by a badass HTS Tranny. It has a Diesel Pro Camshaft and Tuning is a Dr. Performance pressure box, and a Smarty S-06. Great stuff from great companies.

You can do 800+ on a single cp3

True and if you went that route I would go with Floor it! But there are Cp3's for sale in the dodge products for sale thread on here for 100 dollars a piece! You get one of those and your other stock CP3 and buy a mounting kit you have plenty of fuel for 800hp and for about the same price. Also I think Johns stage 3 is pretty close to it's limit's at 800+

True and if you went that route I would go with Floor it! But there are Cp3's for sale in the dodge products for sale thread on here for 100 dollars a piece! You get one of those and your other stock CP3 and buy a mounting kit you have plenty of fuel for 800hp and for about the same price. Also I think Johns stage 3 is pretty close to it's limit's at 800+

I wasnt mentioning his stg 3:poke: But ya the stg 3 will do itself as well

wicked twins w/ manifold
625 studs
200 hp sticks
cam
springs
cai
exhaust
get a custom intercooler made, youl never look back 4" core rocks!
smarty or ppe both great prog.
wicked cp3
wicked water bypass
1/2 fuel lines w/ your fuel pump
all the gauges you can fit in the truck if ya want in streetable
i would see if ya can put down the power on #2 to first, then if ya dont like the numbers put some spray to her

i might be missing something, but its a great start!

You can do 800+ on a single cp3

Save the hassle and go duals...I'll never run a single modded pump again after running duals.

Go custom set of twins, dual cp3's, 200+hp sticks, HD cam, HD springs, studs, fliudampr, pushrods, mitsua fuel system, good programmer with a good pressure box, intercooler, studs, drop the compression a bit, I'd look into the rods possibly too to be safe; shot peen a set 12v or the stock rods. DDclutch or fully built auto tranny. Prolly leavinng alot of chit out but most of this is on nmy short list for my next CR buildup.

...setup should be 800+ an we've talked to the owner of the truck an he said go for it with the list I came up with so money i guess isnt a factor...

That's a good thing, cause you are flirting with $20k in rough and round figures to get there, and that's with you turning most of the wrenches.

I am going to hit the dyno in August after tuning the new sticks and chargers I have. I should be 800 plus to the wheels, diesel only. It's streetable, although some people challenge me on that! :hehe:

You need two of everything important, which can also help keep it streetable: CP3s and chargers. Sure you can do great stuff on one of each, but you are spending someone else's dough, I say live a little. LOL

Nitrous and water / methanol will get you over 1k if you set it all up right.

IMHO to all of the above, standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. :blahblah1:

805 hp, low egts, street manners, 19mpg...............

TNTR
MP8
Flux 4
HD Springs and ARP 625's
Source Automotive 64/14/71 over S480
Brown's Diesel twin pump kit with two stock pumps
Raptor lift pump
Coolant bypass

If you want to make reliable power over 800, consider upgrading the bottom end.

The mods listed above will run about 10k.

K Frog, Congrats on winning the Diesel Power Challenge this year on fuel only. That has NEVER been done before. I wish you could make it over to our open house and Dyno event August 8th. It would be great to see what that truck would do on a Dynojet. Dennis Perry's Superflow is a tough dyno to make numbers on. But the 948hp on fuel only is a nice number specially on that Superflow. Call me! Thanks, Brady

805 hp, low egts, street manners, 19mpg...............

The mods listed above will run about 10k.

Plus the original posters previously mentioned ATS tranny (need billet shafts with this power) adds about another $8k according to their website. I was figuring a cam in the mix, which adds about $500 or so. None of which includes tax or shipping as may or may not be applicable.

Hitting 800 to the wheels reliably with decent street manners simply ain't cheap.

Plus the original posters previously mentioned ATS tranny (need billet shafts with this power) adds about another $8k according to their website. I was figuring a cam in the mix, which adds about $500 or so. None of which includes tax or shipping as may or may not be applicable.

Hitting 800 to the wheels reliably with decent street manners simply ain't cheap.

Well, you might as well figure in installation at $85/hour and add another $6,000. :rolleyes: