getting the dream and keeping it from turning into a nightmare

roadmaster21

hello to competition diesel i have a 2007 dodge 2500 4wd turbo diesel that is really cool to own but the bills that come with it and the upkeep is about to kill me. im 25 years old and this is the first truck i have got that is everything im looking for in a truck please help me find some affordable mud tires for this truck at least 37" tall got 15" rim and 22" rims so i have a few options but cant find anything under 200 per tire so far pleasr reply if you can help

15" rims won't fit over your calipers. If you are worried about the bills and upkeep why are you looking for 37" tires?

I'd be looking for a nice set of 33" tires until you can get your head above water and the rest of the truck where you want it and then go for the 37s....just my opinion though.

Welcome to CompD.

you dont need mud grips

if you cannot afford anything else, or can just barely make your ends meet. Just leave the stock tires and rims on there if you have them

welcome to compd..

good luck with your situation

37$ aren't to economical to own or operate. Its a waist on the road and if your planning on off-road stuff then you in for a very expensive lesson. Welcome to comp d. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You're worried about repair bills, but you want 37" rubber??

You want minimal repairs, leave it stock;);)
Chris

How much upkeep is there on a 3 year old truck?

Don't pay for a truck to impress everyone driving down the road, pay for what you like, and can afford.

even in 33's your gonna have a hard time finding tires for under 200 that will fit 17" + wheels

15" rims won't fit over your calipers. If you are worried about the bills and upkeep why are you looking for 37" tires?

I'd be looking for a nice set of 33" tires until you can get your head above water and the rest of the truck where you want it and then go for the 37s....just my opinion though.

Welcome to CompD.

this is true the only reason im looking for 37s is because thats what came on the truck when i got it with 22 inch rims so my options are limited an its got an 8" lift so any smaller really would look out of place

Just making a suggestion here. Buy a cheap set of stock rims and tires. Yes it will look funny as heck with the lift but if you can not afford the new tires maybe you bit off more then you can chew. Just a thought......

well a bud of mine on here with 37's has in his sig "it aint cheap being cool"

i think that says it all

Back