getting the truck done finally well stage 1 of 2

nukediesel12

Well after waiting long enough i got the green light from the wife for the trans and also going with a new turbo setup. the guys at new england tranny are doing my work while were in the refueling outage here at work starting in 2 weeks. so far my parts list for this go around:

built trans and torue converter (not exactly sure on specs but they do awesome work)

GT4202R with the 1.01 housing
FASS lift pump
PPE gauges ( rail pressure, boost, pyro)
EFI live with the DSP5 switch
tie rod sleeves and centerlink

thats a good list for now i think, i know the turbo will be laggy with only a single CP3 but that is coming in the spring just want to get the truck together after all this and have it running right before going to change the fueling.

anyone have any advice at other things i should look at now that i have over looked?

My buddie Matt Lasron ran a 4202 for a few years on a single cp3 , he liked it and the truck ran really good . a dual fueler wont change whether a turbo is laggy or not .

I really dont have the spec on the turbo its not an off the shelf tranny, and the converter i havent talked to him about since deciding to go to the big single turbo. i will be talking with him today and should have a little more info.

I really dont have the spec on the turbo its not an off the shelf tranny, and the converter i havent talked to him about since deciding to go to the big single turbo. i will be talking with him today and should have a little more info.

Just make sure its loose , i would say around a 2500 stall . tht suncoast 1055 would be a good choice but there are others out there just make sure you get the right stall or your are not going to like that 4202 .

Well I just got off the phone with Mark at New England Tranny, looking like the stall speed will be around 2500 for the converter, he was kinda waiting on me because i hadnt made my mind up on the turbo setup, but also it will be using either raybestos reds or alto clutches. depends on who has what out and what works best. so the ball is a rollin! Thanks for the info guys!

i am running the 4094r its really responsive but somewhat laggy on the bottom end

Back