girdle, connecting rods, hell the entire engine

canadiandiesel

maybe not the best place to post but i do consider what i'm do is extreme compaired to a street engine....:what:

alright i'm building a engine (mine blew up at idle after running for 5 minutes, long story on that that i will explain at a later time)

but i just picked up a 06 5.9 block from a friend of mine, came with the rotational assembly and i know i have to change the pistons to 03's because of my ecm, yada yada yada,

now he also threw in the stiffner is it possible to use that as a template to just make your own girdle out of the proper metal? i've always been one to make things myself.

however seeing a couple girdles go for 450 bucks is not bad at all. i'm on very limited funds but really want to have a girdle for this engine as a safety factor. the plan is for it to be a street/tractor puller with twins hopefully making 800hp here and there.

i will be picking up 12v connecting rods also for this because i'm told that they are the strongest and will fit just right with out losing compression, i do not want starting fluid at all, especially when winters hit -40F i'm in Canada

could i get a helping hand on whats what? and lead me down the right path for this engine. trying to keep costs to a minimum, and i have a few companies (not sure if i can name them here) :rules: helping me out with lower prices and machine work to do this.

and yes i realize some are going to criticize my grammar and punctuation, have at er.

i just want answers on this, thanks :new:

OEM block stiffener is more than adequate for the bottom end stresses caused by your goal of an occasional 800HP. :Cheer:

IF YOU GOING TO MAKE A STIFFNER .CALL PRECISION GRINDING INC 888-934-7463 . .075 14 by 36 a36 steel plate blanched ground to .006 is about 205 + shipping

alright next question, 12v rods will they fit? will cr wrist pins fit those rods what does one have to do, because i've been told by many that those are alot better for the cummins engine because they were over built?

Yes I know they fit as thats what I'm planning on doing but I also don't know what if anything needs to be done to them.....subscribing

alright found out that the 12v will work on a cr engine, wristpins are the same size, the rods are the same length, only difference is that the rods are heavier and alot more metal.

Back