Glowshift gauge question.

Ackerdiesel

Does anyone have the diagram or know where to get the diagram that shows where to tap into your fusebox for your dimmer wire? I looked on the website and it said not to use a dimmer and to hook it up into your fuse box. So im not sure what to do now.

i just hook mine to the light switch so when its on it dims about 20% im not sure if it's the same from year to year

Pull the dimmer out and probe the wires on the back side find the one that dims the probe and attach your lead to that wire.

Like i said i read on glowshifts website and they said that hooking them into the dimmer would damage the vehicle

Call them and ask can't see how that would damage them. I have mine hooked up that way been a few years and no problems! Let me know what they say!

cr's its either a black wire with an orange tracer or vice versa. when i put the glowshifts in my 12v seemed that it read they want steady 12v. led's change colors by varying voltages. so hooking up to the dimmer would be a no no. but that depends how they are fed.

Back