Go for the 5.9 or th 6.7?

2005PSD

Stroker
I am coming over to the dark side guys. I am looking to lose the ford and pick up a Cummins this week! Help me out there are 5.9's and 6.7's on the lot which one should I go for? And I am not very sure about how your guys trannys hold up and if any mods have to be done to run say in the low 13 sec range? Any insight would very appreciated by a soon to be Dodge owner.:rockwoot:
Again Thanks

Can The Dodge even run in the 13's...... Just kidding i've seen the beasts in action:hehe:

Last edited:
Well, the tranny won't take 13 second passes for too long. But I don't know about the new six speed behind the 6.7 Liter. I'd say go the 6.7 if you can afford it. at least two power adders out for it already and there has been a ford 6.4 already drop the dpf from the exhaust system.

I guess my main concern is the Trans. Looking at the Chevy with the new 6spd Allison all that is needed is the TRANSGO JR kit to run high 12 low 13's with now tranny failure. What kind of $ has to be put out to run the Dodge in the same 1/4 mile range? Thanks Again

2005PSD said:
I guess my main concern is the Trans. Looking at the Chevy with the new 6spd Allison all that is needed is the TRANSGO JR kit to run high 12 low 13's with now tranny failure. What kind of $ has to be put out to run the Dodge in the same 1/4 mile range? Thanks Again

ALOT more than that.

If you want an ET like that, 5.9 is your only choice for now. The 6 speed auto with the 6.7 is a work of art....but I doubt it would hold a high 12 second truck. Its so new that there isn't any parts available yet.