Goin back to vp from p7100

Marinewife1616

Ok so my p7100 I found out is bad and I need the truck for Wednesday so a put the vp back on how do I have to have the engine set in relation to the injection pump? How do I time the vp to get that initial start?

Make sure you replace the P7100 pump gear with the VP gear as well. VP gear has a keyway that lines up with the VP keyway. P7100 gear has no keyway.

Yes I still have the gear but the gear has marks on it? And will my vp work in my 12 valve gear case or do I need to put the other one back on?

You will have to put ALL the parts you took off to convert back in place. The gear has a keyway to match the VP for getting it timed correct and the VP gear has marks to time it to the cam and crankshaft.

your pulling the front end apart, cam out and all just because a pump? sounds like a new/used pump next day ship would be quicker and less time backtracking to a vp

Ya I don't think you understand what all needs to be done. Got to take rockers off, hold tappets up, remove entire front end, remove cam, remove gear case then reassemble with the vp parts. If you have never done it before it will take you all day and a case of beer.