gonna start in on the 6.0 2.6 puller lots of ?`s

Sonic_Superduty

Common RAILHER!!
What turbo would you run for the 2.6 class??? T-netics,Ind.Inj, elite, etc
I have talked to some people who would rather run a non-vgt turbo.. why would you??? Im looking at a 2.6 turbo from Bbunting if im gonna go the non-vgt way....... what size of sticks would you run with aswell?? 225`s,275`s???
any of your other suggstions would be great alway looking for new Ideas thanks....

I realize just starting out I might not be able to go out and win, but I also want to be able to say " yeah Its a 6.0 and it is competitive" I just want to be able to compete and do decent

Last edited:
I don't know for sure but I thought about building a 2.6 truck and was going to use 190 cc from Hypermax. I think 550 rwhp will put you very competitive in the 2.6 class. That should be close with the 190s. I would definetly go with a non-vgt.

why wouldnt you go over 190`s????? I have herd of people on here running 225`s and not having a problem,,, but if you think 190`s would be best I will be more than glad to try it.........

Lubejob-- I havent been in a 6.0 with a non-vgt do they perform alot better with out them??? or is it nobody offers a 66mm vgt?????

Im planning on suncoast for the trans jus because Im gonna be getting a REALLY good deal on most of the stuff........

feel free to add to the long list!!

190s just seem to be the best overall option on the 6.0 unless you have twins. They are popular, and they perform. I havnt seen too many people have success with anything over a 200 without twins. Not saying it hasnt happened, but not many. You might could go with a 200? It would be a little more fuel than a 190.

SHES GOT `EM NOW, also whats the thoughts on a valvetrain upgrade?

Not needed, your talking about large sums of money for little gain at the level you want to compete... unless you have some wornout rockerarms. I know I have had a few but they all got replaced when I had ford slam my studs in.

I don't know for sure but I thought about building a 2.6 truck and was going to use 190 cc from Hypermax. I think 550 rwhp will put you very competitive in the 2.6 class. That should be close with the 190s. I would definetly go with a non-vgt.

You might want to re-think the 550 rwhp to be competitive you need a couple hundred more at the wheels.

A 66mm is a big single for 6.0 imo, id go big on the injectors so you can get it spooled quicker and save the tranny alot of heat. I would think it'd probably also help keep it lit at the big end when the weights coming down. Then again being a lil overfueled just adds to head cracking so what do you do:bang

You might want to re-think the 550 rwhp to be competitive you need a couple hundred more at the wheels.
I forgot we are on the internet. You will need at least 700rwhp to compete in the 2.6 class. You need close to 1000 to compete in the 2.8 class.

I forgot we are on the internet. You will need at least 700rwhp to compete in the 2.6 class. You need close to 1000 to compete in the 2.8 class.

LOL good stuff rite there,,, let me try to get to that 550 first!!! lol as long as you got a fair amount of hp and the right set-up a 550hp truck could have a good chance at beating a 700 hp truck wen set up right!! 1000hp for 2.8 class is a little high I would think!

I`ve seen DUSTY from dusty`s diesel tug-a-truck in the dirt for his first time,and he`s running 225`s I believe and either a 61 or 66 t-netics and that thing LIT up pretty well!

I've seen a truck with 200hp less than other trucks in a class around my area beat the higher hp guys only because he got better traction and was hooked to the track better. More hp don't always mean that you're gonna win. It's putting that hp to the ground that makes a winning combination. You can have all the power in the world, but it aint gonna do much good if you can't put it to the ground.

Hypermax built a truck that put down just over 600 hp last weekend with their modded VGT and a set of 250cc injectors. No NOS. Heads had the seat done to fix the cracking. Rest of the motor was stock.

The 6.0 heads are prone to cracking when running higher egt's. I have seen several crack with stock injectors and an extreme SCT tune. They crack between the valves. The cracks seem to originate around the exhaust valves and changing them to good seats seems to fix the problem.

How long have the good seats been around? My ported/fire ringed heads from elite cracked out in under 3,000 miles.

If you look at what the silver bullet will do on cr cummis youll see that 650 isnt real hard and 700+ is attainable w/ the right setup. Its gonna take an awesome truck setup to compete, around here anyways.

Back