gonna start in on the 6.0 2.6 puller lots of ?`s

but I dont see how just changing the exaust valve seats would keep them from cracking????? maybe they will..... also looking for some up-pipes perfer one piece... adam watcha got??? its already got 456 gears and tru-trac lockers looking to run 35`s on the sled

You should easily make the 35" tires work, but I'd ditch the lift.

but I dont see how just changing the exaust valve seats would keep them from cracking????? maybe they will..... also looking for some up-pipes perfer one piece... adam watcha got??? its already got 456 gears and tru-trac lockers looking to run 35`s on the sled

The cracking seems to start in the exhaust seats. by changing them to really hard seats they will not crack. Then the cracking will not transfer into the heads themselves. So far it is working on the trucks that have the seats changed.

35" tires will out pull 33" tires everyday on similar hp trucks. But if you run 35" on the 10.5 rear end, you will break axle shafts. Since there are very few options for axle shafts on the 10.5 you should change the rear axle to a Dana 80 and get some scs axle sahfts.

The cracking seems to start in the exhaust seats. by changing them to really hard seats they will not crack. Then the cracking will not transfer into the heads themselves. So far it is working on the trucks that have the seats changed.

35" tires will out pull 33" tires everyday on similar hp trucks. But if you run 35" on the 10.5 rear end, you will break axle shafts. Since there are very few options for axle shafts on the 10.5 you should change the rear axle to a Dana 80 and get some scs axle sahfts.

Ok Jeremy, you got me there... Why will 35" tires out perform the same tires in 33"? Assuming you have the gears to keep everything else the same.

Ok Jeremy, you got me there... Why will 35" tires out perform the same tires in 33"? Assuming you have the gears to keep everything else the same.

They will put the power to the ground better. More contact patch. But they take alot more power turning them, so you just don't put them on any truck. So my prior statement is not 100% accurate. I should have said once you get into high HP pulling trucks 35" will out pull 33" tires everyday.

***UPDATE***soo I got the new wheels and some 35" nitto terra grapplers on ar wheels (got one hell of a deal on em and couldnt pass em up)...possibly gonna switch to sts`s.......and shes getting a dana 80 this winter since I "DOCKBOYED" my gears last month I will have a MAG pan and a TRU-TRAC for sale this winter to help build the 80..........looking at going with a one off K-31 hybird charger with a custom ped. and oil lines,,and possibly go with 225`s,new mains and rods, looking for a 4" lift rite now so if any one has one I would love to have it...

I talked with II last week about doing a 71mm on the 12cm housing with the 74mm wheel. Should be interesting.

That's a big compressor for a little turbine wheel. Are you worried about durability.

I was going along the lines of less shaft speed to move the same ammount of airflow since its a wastegated unit. And I know there are some 70mm cheater 2.6 housings someone was building.

Hey Sonic,

What Doug is referring to won't work for a 2.6 class. The Cheata that he is refering to works because it is in the stock housing that has been hogged out to fit the larger will. The turbo you will install will be an aftermarket housing and there for subject to the plug test.

When are you looking to add the turbo?

Are you saying that you can put a 71mm compressor wheel in a modified VGT turbo with a factory cover?

The rules say the turbo must appear stock or it is subject to measuring.

why wouldnt you go over 190`s????? I have herd of people on here running 225`s and not having a problem,,, but if you think 190`s would be best I will be more than glad to try it.........

Lubejob-- I havent been in a 6.0 with a non-vgt do they perform alot better with out them??? or is it nobody offers a 66mm vgt?????

Im planning on suncoast for the trans jus because Im gonna be getting a REALLY good deal on most of the stuff........

feel free to add to the long list!!

Hey Sonic, you want to ride in a 2.6 truck, just come on over, You can see if you like it or not. Here is a vid for you. 2.6 w/ 225's http://www.dieselmovies.com/view_video.php?viewkey=d3c3b8269faf0ba7491

Are you saying that you can put a 71mm compressor wheel in a modified VGT turbo with a factory cover?

The rules say the turbo must appear stock or it is subject to measuring.

The factory casting if enough all the way around will take a almost a 67mm wheel. What happens if the casting is cast a little thin in a spot it will suck it in. That being said, anyone with the ability to run the machines can punch out the stock ported shroud and make whatever they want in there. And if you "made" the ring around your 71mm. You most certainly could make it just a bit longer infront of the wheel to give it a little lip down to 66mm. ;)

Sonic, The truck is going on the dyno the 22nd, then I will give you some #'s. I thought you was doing a cummins conversion??

Back