Good quick spooling triple setup

79fordcrew

Banned
What's a good triple setup for a 12v that will spool fast and support 1000hp I was thinking 2 63/68/12 sxe for low pressure turbos and a 64/68/13sxe for my smaller turbo what is your opinions. Is there something that would light faster and still support that power level.

I like to race and figured triples would spool faster than any set of twins that can handle that power would

79ford crew,

Have you called any turbo places?
I would give Stainless Diesel a call to discuss that. Better yet go visit somebody who is running a triple turbo set up.

WAYNES WORLD

For 1000hp triples are way overkill.

Something small on the manifold (63/68 s300), external gate, and an s482-s484 range atmosphere would get the job done. I would rather see an s400 on the manifold for longevities sake but an s300 can live a decent life at 1000hp in compounds.

I had 2 62's over a 64 back in the day, non SXE just box stock. Suckers spooled crazy fast and would hit 95lbs before you could even look down at the gauge.

IMO, tripples are expensive, cool, but expensive! Like stated before, twins are easy to get to 1K HP and would cost quite a bit less. Ic your just wanting to race, go a good set of gated S3/S4 or S4/S4 twins and go have fun! Lot less headache in the long run!!!!

You don't see much discussion on s4/s4 compound setups on mechanical trucks. Is it still the s467 over a s480 like you see on alot of common rails?

A good billet extended tip s464 is what I prefer on the manifold of a mechanical truck.

Those are all a bit much for your manifold turbo for 1000hp. We can build you a couple turbochargers that won't break the bank. If you want to pursue this give us a call Monday and we can get some more info on the plans and go from there.

Feel free to shoot me an email as well

Zach@northamericanturbo.com

Last edited:
OK my biggest deal is I have twin piping but my manifold charger took a dump I have money to by one charger right now so I need a manifold charger that I can run as a single till I get funds to buy second charger