Good street turbo for daily driver?

1995ford_kid

CUMMINS boy now!!
Looking for a good street turbo goal is 450HP?
Not to set on a size but was told i should look for a 64mm or 66mm?
But again not set on any turbo anyones help on choice would be great?
Mods are in my Sig. planned on throwing a turbo on it tuning it more than DONE for my street truck....oh forgot to say i dont tow ever mabey once every month or two to tow my brother truck when i breaks down hahaha!!

try a he351. if i remember correctly patracy made 496 horse with one on his isb.

Looking for a good street turbo goal is 450HP?
Not to set on a size but was told i should look for a 64mm or 66mm?
But again not set on any turbo anyones help on choice would be great?
Mods are in my Sig. planned on throwing a turbo on it tuning it more than DONE for my street truck....oh forgot to say i dont tow ever mabey once every month or two to tow my brother truck when i breaks down hahaha!!

A 64 and a 66 is wayyy to big for 450 hp. If you want it cheap go with the he351 if you want to spend more money but have a better turbo go with the 63, like mike said, or maybe even a 62.

thanx everyone sorry havent been on in a while but only looking to spend 600 mabey 700 bucks budget turbo thanx again

try a he351. if i remember correctly patracy made 496 horse with one on his isb.

you know wat kinda boost am i ganna be pushin with the fuel i got? how much more boost am i ganna be pushin with the he351?

what kinda boost numbers will i be pushin with a super HX40?
will i need more fuel?

I can't see your sig, so I don't know what you have for fuel, but no plate on stock injectors let me hit 40psi no problem on an hx35. Hx40 should be pretty darn close.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

40PSI is about all they want anymore and you'll be pushing outside of its compressor map.

I have a freshly rebuilt Super HX40 I would sell. I got it off of CSnyder here a few months ago and haven't used it. It's a 6 blade 60/65/16 I think, but then again I'm tired! If your interested I can measure it tomorrow. The compressor housing is halfway polished too. I'll take $800.00 shipped for it, sounds like just what you need. Gary

you know wat kinda boost am i ganna be pushin with the fuel i got? how much more boost am i ganna be pushin with the he351?

you shouldnt need more than 40 psi, hell 30-35 is plenty. the turbo on my 2nd gen gates at 33 and stays there, it makes plenty of power.

I have a freshly rebuilt Super HX40 I would sell. I got it off of CSnyder here a few months ago and haven't used it. It's a 6 blade 60/65/16 I think, but then again I'm tired! If your interested I can measure it tomorrow. The compressor housing is halfway polished too. I'll take $800.00 shipped for it, sounds like just what you need. Gary

ok ill pm you when i have a little more cash in hand? thanx!!

you shouldnt need more than 40 psi, hell 30-35 is plenty. the turbo on my 2nd gen gates at 33 and stays there, it makes plenty of power.

im pushin around 35-38 with my stock turbo how would getting a bigger turbo then gating it at 35lbs. get me anywere with more power? would it spool fast for the street or wat? fill me in please?

hx35s don't survive long above 30 psi, different turbo possibly cooler EGTs, better flow. boost isnt everything.

Its not about boost... its about flow.. however too much boost pressure on a stock turbo or hx-40 will grenade them. Well any turbo for that matter..