good tranny shop in tn

cumminspower97

ok guys time for a new tranny again mine done went out :bs: so i want a shop in tn tha can do a good built tranny for me but dont want to my leg for it lol i called adkins diesel shop and he said 2000 for a built one with a 2 year on it. i asked how much hp it would hold up to he said 700hp i asked if i needed to buy a input for it he said that the 48re had really good stock input already? i dont know if it thats ture or not but has anyone use or heard about adkins diesel shop in Cleveland, TN

thanks tyler

how much power are you looking to make and what do you do with your truck? $2000 will not buy you a built tranny!! spend your money wisely once and thank yourself in the long run. What part of tennessee are you in?

Carolina Diesel is in SC , talk to Sam. He is a satalite shope for Garmons Diesel !

Or Garmons isn't that far away.. Call Jeff Garmon or PM me if you want to ask questions..

Jeff builds a FAT shaft tranny that will be the last one you'll ever buy.

I love mine!!

ctdiesel99 i live in middle tn and yes i am like you how can i get a built tranny for tHAT BUT HE WAS LIKE I PROIMES YOU WONT MESS IT UP he told me he has trucks making 600 to 700 hp with that tranny.

haloman beans dont build trannys they send them off done called and the place they deal with just does fords

Big Swole i talked to jeff today he said 4500 for on that will hold 600 to 700 hp
also called ats is 4400 called suncoast is 5000

my truck as of now has 4inch airdog 150 ppe 214hp
maybe later down the road i want injectors and bigger turbo

if the guy in Cleveland is gonna warranty it for two years, try it. Just make sure you get a written warranty signed by him. And your definately gonna need at least a billet input to hold 700hp. At that level, you will also need a billet output sooner or later if your doing boosted launches. I would make sure he is using a triple disc billet converter of some sorts. And I would also ask some questions on the valvebody he will be using. Ask about pressures and shift quality. If it has the industry standard harsh bang shift, its gonna break stuff. Make sure he can achieve a firm yet smooth shift, at the same time having enough pressure to keep it alive. Building these trannies and converters is not rocket science by any means. The valvebady is what makes it or breaks it.

Just a heads up, a good billet converter and good valve body is gonna cost around $1700-1800. So I doubt he is including these parts in his build.

ok guys time for a new tranny again mine done went out :bs: so i want a shop in tn tha can do a good built tranny for me but dont want to my leg for it lol i called adkins diesel shop and he said 2000 for a built one with a 2 year on it. i asked how much hp it would hold up to he said 700hp i asked if i needed to buy a input for it he said that the 48re had really good stock input already? i dont know if it thats ture or not but has anyone use or heard about adkins diesel shop in Cleveland, TN

thanks tyler

If he said the 48RE had a really good input, I think I would run from him.

i call adkins diesel shop back he said they would put a triple disc bendix torque converter anit never heard of one. and a bp vavlebody.cavalier TRANSMISSION MASTER OVERHAUL REBUILD KIT if thats how you spell it lol for 2000 with a paper saying i got a warranty signed by him. and he will do the billet input if i want one for more idk what do yall guys think

Back