Got a stumper.

Nor'Easter

Hey boys, new on here, some of you might know me from another forum.

I've been having a fueling issue recently that no one has been able to diagnose. Hoping you guys might be able to lead me in the right direction. Mods to the truck are below. With them I should be pegging my pyro and spinning tires in 4th, but I'm not. Not looking for a hot and smokey setup but the fact that thing truck runs almost as clean as stock makes no sense. My temps never go above 1100. And unless I lug the truck, she runs perfectly clean. I've checked the shut off solenoid, it's pulling up. Replaced the AFC line, along with pulling the spring in hopes that it might actually start to fuel, but the damn thing does nothing. Diaphragm has no leaks. With the spring it in gets full travel at 40psi.

It easily hits 38psi with barely any haze, video of the gauges below.

97 180 pump
no plate
3k springs
boost elbow at 38psi
5x.012 contagious injectors
40psi fuel at idle, 45psi at WOT, 50psi free rev at around 2100.

At this point I feel like it has to be the pump, as far as I know I've covered everything I can...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZQH1_ioYVA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZQH1_ioYVA[/ame]

Last edited:
Umm, stock turbo?

5 x 12 are pretty small. You want a hot smokey mess run 4k springs, 5x16's or bigger on the stock turbo. you are not gonna easily spin the tires in fourth until you step up to a 62 mm or bigger turbo with said fueling.

Umm, stock turbo?

5 x 12 are pretty small. You want a hot smokey mess run 4k springs, 5x16's or bigger on the stock turbo. you are not gonna easily spin the tires in fourth until you step up to a 62 mm or bigger turbo with said fueling.

Yeah, stock turbo. Just going off other guys experiences with 5x12s and stocker. I don't want a hot smokey setup, but the fact that it isn't right now says theres an issue.

Take the foot out and go for a drive. That's the first thing I ever do on a low power low egt situation on a modified 12 valve. Even though you pulled the spring the foot is still in there possibly limiting fuel. Also make sure the linkages are all tight, I found an extra 2-3psi of boost when I fixed all my loose linkages.

Pulled the foot, so gutted afc, 5x12s, no plate, still the same crap.

Is this what the gov. arm normally does? Seems when I pull the linkage to WOT is pops back to idle position, I'm no pro in the internals of the pump but it doesn't make sense that it would do that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcy2x_QiScY&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcy2x_QiScY&feature=plcp[/ame]

there is no reason your setup should spin tire in 4th... whats listed is like 350HP

the 3K's have no reason being in there, and you still have 19mm of rack travel if its the stock plug.

Pressure taken after filter.

Forget about the tire thing... everyone seems to worry more about that. Still at a loss as to where all the fuel is going. Obviously not looking to smoke like a 16 y/o but this thing should run extremely hot and smokey as it's setup, yes?

no... not really.

Check fuel psi Under load, that will give you an accurate judge of what your actually getting

It sits at 40psi idle, 45 under load, 50 at no load/2200rpm.

I have an adjustable ofv, just tightened that up this morning. It used to idle at 28, 25 under load and 35ish no load/2200rpm.

No reason to have 3ks, as in I don't even need them, or they are limiting me vs. what a 4k set could produce?

Are you sure you put the springs in correct? 3k's are a joke. Best place for them is in the trash. You can almost do the same with stockers. M guess is the springs are pulling fuel because they arent tight enough

Are you sure you put the springs in correct? 3k's are a joke. Best place for them is in the trash. You can almost do the same with stockers. M guess is the springs are pulling fuel because they arent tight enough

I've got the springs to make them 4k, suppose I can put them in.

The truck idles just below 1000, it was early morning when I got done putting them in, never went back to adjust them. Although the high idle= tight springs right? It will rev past 3k, never done it though since the valve springs are stock, and there isn't much straight road in this state unless you're on the highway.

Yeah figured out it changes when the truck is actually on. :doh:

Have a 2095 plug on order, hoping to get somewhere with that.

Back