Got one for you 6.7 guru's.

CR785

I have a 07.5 6.7 with an 68rfe. anyways, i have a H&S Black Maxx, ts mp-8, fuel rail plug shimmed, 50 hp nozzels and a air dogII 150. The problem is, when i have everything on, sometimes it just does it with the black maxx on, i am running the 175 with turbo timing tune right now, when i get on it it acts like it is cutting out, sometimes it quites and then gets right back on it, any ideas what would be causing it, its not the tranny slipping i dont think cause usually the black maxx detects that, and it just seem like the motor is where its comming from, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

you are running out of diesel more than likely might need a CP3 upgrade, it could also be the ecm not liking what is going on and trying to limp on ya. Do you have a rail pressure gauge it will tell you if you are out of rail pressure or if you have an ecm issue. I believe the Black Maxx can read read rail pressure. You should be holding 23000 + on rail pressure at full throttle these things run at 26000 bone stock your injectors may be leaking as well mine did not like running a pressure box and a big tune started to get a rough idle and then I killed them. All new injectors now and no pressure box and not a problem since.

Did it before i put the nozzels in, no rough idle, i do have a rail pressure gauge, i dont think its cause i am running out of fuel but i will have to look, does it even without the pressure box on and just the black maxx on. What ecm issues could i have? I throw no codes or nothing, i dont know i need to figure it out though.

Did it before i put the nozzels in, no rough idle, i do have a rail pressure gauge, i dont think its cause i am running out of fuel but i will have to look, does it even without the pressure box on and just the black maxx on. What ecm issues could i have? I throw no codes or nothing, i dont know i need to figure it out though.

ECM can pull back fuel for a lot of reasons, but I would start with the simple stuff make sure you have good rail pressure through out a run. If you do my guess is the ECM is pulling fuel away at which point I would look at the tuner, I am pretty sure it will not do that with a stock file on the ECM. If you definitely have good rail pressure with no pressure added then I would contact H&S and see what they think.

try changing your torque managment, when i bump mine up , i have a surge on the top end from lack of fuel, if i lower it it will run through the band, i would say you are dropping rail pressure, you could try to modify your fca, but only if you know what your doing, possibly even try timing your cp3. or just do an arson jr. kit.

try putting a boost fooler on it, just a regular ol quad boost fooler.

Im thinking its time to put on dual cp3's, at wot runs, i am only running 12,000 to 15,000psi at the rail, i imagine that is the problem.:bang

try putting a boost fooler on it, just a regular ol quad boost fooler.

H&S states that a boost fooler is not to be ran with the 175 tune and up. I did it and it gave me a code, absolute manifold pressure and it made the turbo lose power and sound like the EB button is engaged. I think you need a cp3 upgrade or dual fuelers.

I wonder what kind of drive pressure you have stacking those two. Do you have an aftermarket turbo? Do you have headstuds? Atleast a wastegate? Sure you are draining your rail with nozzels, mp-8, and a bigger tune, but you should be expecting a blown headgasket pretty soon running it that way if you upgrade the CP3 to keep up the fuel pressure. You could go ahead and upgrade the CP3, but I wouldn't be stacking with the Blackmaxx unless you have studs, and a better flowing turbo. You're just asking for trouble if you don't.