Got quite a pickle going on here.. Read..

Rustythis

Rodbuster
Ok as some of you may have seen/read... I completely trashed the motor in my 02.. Here are the options I'm playing around with.

Option #1.
02 Block & Head - With aprx 75k Miles..
Port & Polish - Fire ring
Head studs,Main studs,Main girdle, Rod bolts,Rocker studs
Mahle or Aries (sp?) Forged pistons, with probably raised compression (Quicker spool) Or Lowered (More boost)
Going to use my Silver 62 as a top charger, and a S480 on the bottom
Will continue to use my Monster stage II Pump with my Coal train sticks.
And a "Special" Cam..
Spearco Intercooler

Option #2
06 3rd gen motor (Complete)
Port&Polish the head, Stud it - Fire ring
Leave the bottom end stock
Put a "Special" Cam in it.
Sell my Monster pump and coaltrain sticks, Put a Stock VP44 & Some 100hp injectors in it.
Sell my Silver 62 and put BD Towing twins on it..

Cant decide.. would Really like to make some Incredible HP Number and keep it daily driven, and tow. Which is totally doable with a VP Truck ANYWAYS

But ALSO Make it super reliable... What do you guys think ? Any advice is greatly appreciated:woohoo:

option #1, i think you will be happier with this setup, although the common rail has a better flowing head and pistons with bigger bowls the stock vp i think would limit you !!

Hmmm... Well as far as i knew it wasnt that hard to VP a CR... But then again thats what i was told...

Ok well that rules out #2.. How hard is it to do a CR Conversion on a 2nd gen out of curiosity ??

Guess its back to my original plan :evil

If you have the complete CR engine why not use a painless wiring style harness and just keep it CR?

I have a VP truck also, so why would anyone choose one over a CR anyway? A CP3 will give you way more fuel than even a monster pump, or at least has the potential too. I would choose option one

Even though I like Forrest's idea, I say with the options you listed- go with Option 1

Back