Got some new tow mirrors....

bbtank45

Just got my new kool-vue tow mirrors yesterday in the mail. Lookin to install them tonight and i was wonderin what the easiest way to get the door panel off without breaking all the door clips???..... thanks

10mm bolt holds the inside door handle to the mechanism.
Two screws in handle/pocket of door.
Gently pry up the back (I think?) of the window switches and hope you don't break the clips like I did:bang
1- screw up by the inside area of the mirror.

You can either go buy a door clip tool from the parts house or use a small flat piece of steel. Start at the very bottom and you just have to be as easy as you can with it, while using force at the same time. If you went and got the tool it would make it easier because you could loosen each fastner at once.

You might get off scot free you might break one of two I won't make any promises. When the guy painted my truck he got the panels off without breaking anything, when I sold my tow mirrors off my 97 I got them off without breaking anything, when I pulled my memphis speakers out to put in my '03 two weeks ago....I broke 1-to-2 on each side!!!:doh::doh::bang:bang

When I took my door panels off, I not only got the tool (it's cheap), but I stocked up on Christmas tree fasteners as well (just in case) and thus avoided Murphy's Law and didn't break any.
mishkaya

Back