Got the Twins in, I almost died...

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
I finally got to to test drive my drive my 96 after I put the twins in, HX35 over an S472...

I recently got a new (To Me) seat out of a '98, The front bolts I had were too short so I figured I would get some longer ones later.

The power difference between my SPS66 and these twins is big... Not to mention I found a HUGE boost leak from the previous setup...

I took off out of my driveway and my seat proceded to almost fall over backwards, I saved it by leaning forward...

It Drives great, I cant wait to dyno it!!!

Here are the stats:
Exhaust Temp 1400*
60#'s of boost W/Big turbo producing 30#'s (Havent set up a drive pressure gauge yet)
a little smoke down low clearing to almost nothing
18.5* Timing
215 pump, 4gsk, 181's (Stock) no plate.
5X.016 Injectors
.093" Injector Lines
AD150 Pump
12mm Studs

I have the option to throw in some 191 DV's, and a number 10 plate.

Anything other you guys would change?

I should be able to dyno it sometime this month, and let you guys know the numbers.

:charger:

Really there was a big boost leak? I like the 66 but theres definately a huge difference in lag. Ah well lol. I did find a boost leak in my intercooler though so that explained why i couldnt get it to boost up higher. 50 psi no prob now.

I finally got to to test drive my drive my 96 after I put the twins in, HX35 over an S472...

I recently got a new (To Me) seat out of a '98, The front bolts I had were too short so I figured I would get some longer ones later.

The power difference between my SPS66 and these twins is big... Not to mention I found a HUGE boost leak from the previous setup...

I took off out of my driveway and my seat proceded to almost fall over backwards, I saved it by leaning forward...

It Drives great, I cant wait to dyno it!!!

Here are the stats:
Exhaust Temp 1400*
60#'s of boost W/Big turbo producing 30#'s (Havent set up a drive pressure gauge yet)
a little smoke down low clearing to almost nothing
18.5* Timing
215 pump, 4gsk, 181's (Stock) no plate.
5X.016 Injectors
.093" Injector Lines
AD150 Pump
12mm Studs

I have the option to throw in some 191 DV's, and a number 10 plate.

Anything other you guys would change?

I should be able to dyno it sometime this month, and let you guys know the numbers.

:charger:

some how i can just picture this :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Have you chopped up the AFC housing and the slider tube on the AFC foot? (I don't know what else to call it)

Helped out on my truck

Really there was a big boost leak? I like the 66 but theres definately a huge difference in lag. Ah well lol. I did find a boost leak in my intercooler though so that explained why i couldnt get it to boost up higher. 50 psi no prob now.

On the HX-35 that brass elbow that controls the wastegate was missing the screw. so I just replaced it.

The boost leak was from the intake horn, and one of the bolts that goes to the intake manifold rattled out.

Flip the washers grind .090 off the barrel and put a gov spring in.

Do those mods as well as throw the #10 in there of make your stock plate into a #100.

Where did you pick up the S472 at? I'm turbo shopping to build twins on my tow pig this winter.

I'm just curious, why do you have injectors/lines big enough to support a considerable amount more HP than your turbos? I guess I can just see those taking a little away from the bottom end and adding heat to the top end. Did you have the DV holders opened up at all? I honestly think a set of stock lines, SDX 5x.014s, and some DV holders opened up to .035 or .040 would make a lot of low end torque and run a little cooler up top. Oh and 024 DVs...

Though if you keep the .093 lines I would actually bump the timing a little more, to say 21* or so at the very least since the bigger lines will actually retard the "real" timing :Cheer: