govener/rack adjustment

aksparkey01

bombing addict.
alright about a month back i pulled my lc dvs and swapped plates, in the process i was going to adjust the gov arm and inadvertantly messed with the rack adjustment screw. at first it would start and idle fine but run away when i would touch the petal, so i messed with the screw some more and it had a hard time idleing for about 15 sec, but after that it ran fine. so lastnight i decided to put back in my lc dvs and bump the timing to 22* to see if it might have been something with my stock dvs and it got worse. now it wont idle for about 2 min and once idleing as soon as i let out the clutch it wants to die. also seems like it doesnt want to slow down on the highway much when letting off the fuel. im going to put in a fp guage just to check that side of things because all of a sudden i can hear my fass pump pushing though my stock and making a squeaking noise as before i couldnt. Does anyone have more insight into the rack adjustment, because i belive thats my problem. or do i just have to pull the pump and send it out to be put on a stand.
thanks for any help.
:bang

Back