grabby clutch

mattjones

Got diesel?
i just bought a new valier single disc clutch and its almost impossible to have a smooth take off or shift is this the way these clutches work or can i adjust my clutch?

Try giving it a little gas as your taking off and it'll make it not want to grab so much. I've just gotten used to mine being grabby now, takes a little getting used to.

What clutch material did you get? Also remember you got a performance clutch so either put your truck back to stock or deal with it. There's a price you pay for performance.

ive had the clutch in there about a month and it started smooth and has got worse over the month.

is it the ceramic or the organic? if you want a smooth clutch i would go to a 3250 double disc.... those are way smoother than stock.

yep those are grabby, just the nature of the beast. you cant realy ease off them like the organics because they grabb so good. Its either all or nothing ...well or the hop inbetween those two!

alright man thanks for the advice i just didnt know if we had messed it up on the install its alot different than stock needless to say.

can u adjust the clutch on these trucks? mine has to be almost all the way out before it will move.

I have a friend who has the same clutch and same company talked to a rep. For soutbend and he sayd it might be a warped disc because my friends is doing the same thing will jerk you around when you let out on the clutch only way to fix that would be a new disc is what I have been told

I have a friend who has the same clutch and same company talked to a rep. For soutbend and he sayd it might be a warped disc because my friends is doing the same thing will jerk you around when you let out on the clutch only way to fix that would be a new disc is what I have been told
I would call the company that made the clutch instead of the competion to find out whats wrong with it
no you cannot adjust hydraulics

you can get the adjustable rod to move the pedal down

I would call the company that made the clutch instead of the competion to find out whats wrong with it

you can get the adjustable rod to move the pedal down

Yep and yep, Jeremy is spot on. If it's ceramic disc, it's just the nature of the beast. I would give Dan a call though he'll tell you the same thing. Steven.

Only reason I asked the competition is because we were at a diesel event and southbend was the only company there plus I was hoping to have him switch to a Sb clutch cause he's had nothing but problems since he's owned the truck

i have the ceramic kevlar clutch from valair and its not that grabby ,only when backing up is when i notice it being alittle grabby.

Back