gray vs blue cps?

camojeeper

Magic smoke perf 7.3 only
does anyone know if the new ford gray cps sensor is better or not than the international blue one? thanks in advance steve:thankyou2:

I've heard that the international one a lot of people prefer because supposedly it doesn't go... but I'm sure either will be good since it is the black one that is being recalled and being replaced with the gray one that doesn't seem to have near as many problems

I ran the blue one for awhile in the Summer & Winter. I can tell you right now that the blue one will work as a backup, but I wouldn't recommend it for a daily driver. Didn't have the chip when we were running the blue cam sensor so I can't tell you how those two liked each other. I will say that the blue cam sensor is made for the DT466 I-6 but when you install it in a T444E V-8 (7.3L Powerstroke) it will retart the timing.
I noticed a few things when we went back to the black one.....

1-Made hardley any smoke at WOT (the blue one would leave a little haze when you floored it)

2-It just felt faster & not as doggy (probley due to the blue sensor retarting the timing)

3-Winter warm ups went alot quicker (that's the main reason why we went back to the black sensor was because you could let the truck sit there for about 20min & it still didn't seem to want to warm up, put the black sensor back in & it warmed up alot better)

Never did a good test on MPG diffrences between the two but there might have been some diffrence.
This is just what I think about the "blue cam sensor".

I think I read somewhere that Ford just recalled all of them and was replacing them for free. Might want to call the Dealer and see.

yea I got mine replaced on wed last week but i had been thinking about the blue sensor i was told it was better and i wanted to see what everyone elses opinon was thank you to all for your time and happy new year from steve

Might just have to take a trip over to the dealership to have them give us a new one! Then keep the black one & blue one for a spare. :D

I think they have to send the black one back to Ford... its what I've heard from several that have had it done

Blue01F250 said:
I think they have to send the black one back to Ford... its what I've heard from several that have had it done

What if it's from International & not Motorcraft? I thought that by law unless there was a core charge they had to offer you the old parts back....

You can't even pull into a dealership and give it to them, it has to be changed by a tech then they close the recall in OASIS. The new gray one is an updated design to combat the old one failing. People that have dissected the old ones find that the seal between the 2 parts of the sensor housing fails, then it fills with oil and stops working. The blue one will get you home in a pinch, but it won't get you anything extra.