GT4202 Turbine Housing

NC Firefighter

Complete And Total Newb
I just got my hands on a GT4202 off of a Detroit engine for a decent deal, and it came with two turbine housings. One is a 1.15 gated, the other is a 1.22 non gated and both are T6. I'm looking to use this as a primary for somewhere around the 650hp level.

The plan was to run the gated housing, but upon further examination the housing is cracked really bad internally, and I don't want to risk it. I'm wondering how the 1.22 would work instead. Pretty good size difference between the two, and I'm looking for the fastest spool I can get away with.

Also does anybody know where I might find a new 1.15 gated housing? Or even a used one? I've looked all over the internet and can only find non gated.

I useda gated 1.28 for a while, worked fine.... But i was hitting 40 psi on the primary at my power level... You want to find something with a gate.

Wow I wouldn't have thought that with the 1.28 and a wastegate. I'd say mine would get up there pretty high too then. How much overall boost did you have with the primary making 40?

65. I gave up overall boost to drop my drive down a ton with my he351 secondary.

Cool that's about where I was looking to be. I planned on running setting the gate on the 351 a little lower and trying to get more out of the GT anyway actually. I'm not having much luck on finding a new housing though, they're all the same or smaller and non gated so I may just try it with the 1.22 and see how it goes.

Yeah. Just keep an eye on boost and gate the secondary accordingly to drop primary boost if need be