gutted afc

firemn260

I was told my afc was gutted. Sure looks like there is something in there.......... no fuel plate though.

I also have an invoice from a shop that worked on the truck stating they removed afc boost line to prevent over fueling. Does that sound right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-08-22-30-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-22-30-01.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
If there's no boost line going from the head (from the intake shelf) to the AFC you can only achieve minimal rack travel. The AFC looks intact as long as the diaphragm is still in it and good. Hook a boost line back up to it and tune it to control fuel. Sounds like the "shop" didn't know what they were doing to me.

What is on the other side of the foot? Should be a spring and diaphragm like said above. If the foot moves freely with no tension, I would say they removed the spring.

Haven't really dug into it yet. I'm going to look for a parts diagram and see what's all there and what's not.. I'm working on getting my head and valves done then I'm going to adress the pump.
I got to say I got real lucky buying this truck. I could tell some hack mechanics had their hands in it but nothing that I haven't been able to sort out and get right. It was a auto to manual swap so there are unconnected wires and plugs everywere. For what I paid for the truck I'm still way ahead of the game.

Should I just start one thread and update my build progress instead off starting new threads for every snag I run into? I have got some great info so far and been able to search out slot of it. I really appreciate it so far. Unlike the other forum I was on were they seem more annoyed to be bothered by newer folks like me.