Gutting the dpf

trackbuild

Hey Guys, I'm new to this online forum thing. Just traded my 04 5.9 for an 08 6.7. I was wondering if I gutted the DPF is there a programmer that can fool the trucks computer to not through codes or go into regen. ?

Doesnt say anything on Edges site about DPF removal. Bay area diesel is the only one ive heard of so far.

for the 6.4 sct has a program that stops the fuel from going into the dpt and you remove the dpf supose to go from 11mpg to 22mpg look into it for your self

h and s xrt is the only programmer out right now that can shut it off, alot of people just make there own kits with resistors, for like 2 bucks but if you dont have something to clear codes on start up you will get a cel but will not regen or go into limp mode

When we de-BlueTec a 6.7L in the shop, we just make our own weatherproof sims (all 3 EGTs & both PSIs) - supposed to available on the website soon.

DPF isn't nearly as bad as that dang NOX filter on the DP.

It will work for a while doing it like that but you will start going into regen you will need a counter box under the dash that will remove the need for regen.

The ECM won't command the injectors for active regen as long as it sees "closed loop" temps from the EGT probes, and as long as the pressure sensors don't show a restriction.

It will work for a while doing it like that but you will start going into regen you will need a counter box under the dash that will remove the need for regen.

you put the right resistors in like 330 ohm in all three egt probes you will not go into regen and you will not go into limp mode but if you dont clear codes on start up you will get a cel thats it, also if you are going to waste that much money your better off putting in a few hundred more and getting the xrt thats also a programmer so it would save you money in the long run because you would have to buy another programmer, also the kit you linked to I am 99.9% sure thats a dpf-r kit with ct performance stickers on it, and if thats the case I would be real proud if I was you, next time make sure you know what your talking about before trying to give people info like posted above.

For your information I do know what I am talking about and I am from CT Performance so you know what I actually do feel pretty effn proud. Tell me what I have to be real proud about? The info I have above is correct the way they were wanting to do it is how H&S had their first ones and they did not work half the time.

I did not post on here to start a war or to have people come on and tell me I should be real proud.

For your information I do know what I am talking about and I am from CT Performance so you know what I actually do feel pretty effn proud. Tell me what I have to be real proud about? The info I have above is correct the way they were wanting to do it is how H&S had their first ones and they did not work half the time.

I did not post on here to start a war or to have people come on and tell me I should be real proud.

maybe I should put one of my stickers on another compaines product and sell it as mine thats what I was referring too :bang, and they didnt work half the time because wires came loose and such, I can tell you for 100% for sure 330 ohm resisters in the egt probes will not regen and will not go into limp mode, but what would I know I was only the first one to get a 6.7 over 500hp on stock turbo,cp3,injectors etc, 2 years ago, the guy who helped h&s design there first few kits got alot of the info from me.

I never said you didn't know anything about getting a 6.7 over 500hp.. congrats to you for doing it buddy.

And how many people out there put their stickers on other peoples products and sell them as their own. We buy form DPF-R private labled with our own stickers on them so really I don't see what your point would really be here.

I never said you didn't know anything about getting a 6.7 over 500hp.. congrats to you for doing it buddy.

And how many people out there put their stickers on other peoples products and sell them as their own. We buy form DPF-R private labled with our own stickers on them so really I don't see what your point would really be here.

thats the thing there is alot of compaines just reselling other companies products with there sticker on it and taking credit for it, its wrong, in ct case thats better but still no where on the site it states its not designed by ct, if I remember right it has dpf-r statement say people will think ct designed the kit and and dpf-r, asides all this crap we got into my main reason was you said it will go into regen with resistors which it wont the $2 kits work just as good thats were you dont know what your talking about

I was meaning that you would need the box to clear codes to get rid of the CEL i worded it wrong by saying that it will go into regen.

My apollogies