H1 Hummer Duramax Conversion ?

JacktheBear3

Enthusiast
I remember seeing one of our CompD members out of Colorado owning a company that specializes in Hummer H1 / Duramax conversions. I did not think I'd ever find a customer who would want one so I did not store the info in my pea sized brain.....

does anyone know who the local Duramax Conversion expert is for the H1 Hummer?

Remember; HUMMER.....

every man wants one !

:welcome:

Avalanche Engineering in Bayfield Colorado has been doing Cummins conversions for 10+ years and one of our specialties is Hummer H1's.

If you are looking for Duramax specific conversions contact Predator Motorsports in CA. There is also a place in Kansas or Missouri but as far as I know there isn't a place in Colorado.

If you have any other questions you can contact me at 970.884.7716.

Thanks,
Steve

PPE has done more than one duramax conversion H1, they have a military hummer that runs 12s. They are a sponsor on this site and they are located in Fullerton, CA

they did for 1 year then dropped the entire line due to the need of the millitary spec counter parts

the H1 Alpha is still on hummers website and it says they will continue to keep it in production

This information is directly from GM and AM General. The H1 was cancelled at the end of the '06 model year. The Alpha was available for '06 only. The GM representative said the reason for cancelling the platform was due to the requirement by the EPA to emissions certify the Duramax in the H1. GM decided that it was too expensive to complete the certification based on sales. AM General is still producing the military version Humvee for military as well as commercial customers. You can still buy a commercial version directly through AM General. It will unfortunately have the 6.5L GM diesel engine. AM General has been working with Cummins to incorporate a new V6 and/or V8 Cummins engine and is slated to be available in 2009.

Back