H11 vs ARP Main Studs

jkidd_39

Looking at doing my bottom end right on my CR.

Don't have a torque plate available so going to a 14mm is out.

At what power level are the H11 studs needed?

Does the $330 make a big difference?

Thanks alot guys

He's talking MAIN studs not head studs. I got 14 mm extra long main studs from Haisleys and there not that bad price.Not sure about arp though, in my new engine build and im getting a girdle cut to tie the pan rails in with it all .

what size turbo are you planning and how much boost are you planning on running?

I'm going with a 66 over a 488. I'm guessing 60-75lbs of boost.

I am assuming you are thinking head studs.

Your boost level would not have much effect on the bottom end. Correct??

Perhaps not directly, but the combustion pressure boost helps develop could certainly affect the bottom end.

Newb fail...

Thanks buddy. Just assumed high Rpm runs would effect the bottom end more than boost. Or lugging the engine at low rpm I.e. huge torque would be the reason for upgraded main caps and girdle.

I have used both. Never had a problem with any of them. I like ARP because they are cheaper in price.

Increased boost pressures, timing, etc. have a huge effect on cylinder pressures of course. Higher the cylinder pressures the harder it is on Rod bearings. Im not certain that upgraded hardware will help that situation except keeping stuff together at higher rpms. The low rpm torque doesnt seem to effect hardware stress as much as spinning all that mass @ 3000-5k rpms. I havent heard anything bad from the standard ARP stuff.

Increased boost pressures, timing, etc. have a huge effect on cylinder pressures of course. Higher the cylinder pressures the harder it is on Rod bearings. Im not certain that upgraded hardware will help that situation except keeping stuff together at higher rpms. The low rpm torque doesnt seem to effect hardware stress as much as spinning all that mass @ 3000-5k rpms. I havent heard anything bad from the standard ARP stuff.

Thanks for the info. I'll be going with the arp studs