H2E on a 12 valve

Dusterb318

Regular Jackoff
I picked on of these up for cheap and had it listed for sale on here and learned a lot....I talked to Mark at CDS about this thing. The one I have is a 63/71/19. Mark has a 17cm housing that he trade me for my 19cm + a little $. He also has all the adapters to bolt this right on my '98 12V. That would make this a 63/71/17 non-WG. With the smaller housing would this thing be okay for a DD 12V? I have 370's, my converter stalls around 1300 and flashes to 1500 or so...4K-GSK. I want to add some .024 DV's here and then step up to some better SDX 5x14's. I don't push the truck much over 3000 RPM since she's an auto. I have stock headbolts and HG yet and will keep it under 45psi.....so will this thing still be a laggy pig or will it be okay?

I know a boy who ran that same turbo on a 5 speed 12v. He mainly pulled it, but it did run good. It was fairly laggy.

I think its probably going to be a little laggy on an auto with a tight converter. The 17cm housing still isnt tight enough to spool it quick, but it will work if you dont mind some lag. It sounds like your converter is probably going to be pretty tight for the turbo too. I definately dont think you would like it if you were hauling stuff much at all, but with a looser converter it may not be horrible for street driving.

Eric

I ran a h2e/17 in 03 and at the time it worked good. It was laggy (heavy wheel and shaft combo). Its a hell of alot better than a stock turbo being over fueled.

I'm giving the guy that wanted it another week to contact me about whats going on with our deal and then I am going to get the 17 housing and go for it. If it's really bad I'll just pull it and put the HX back on...