Hamilton Diesel has closed

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
Thats right Hamilton Diesel Is now no longer in business. Just an FYI, thanks to the demand of the cams and springs I have been overwhelmed these last few months. I am turning Hamilton Diesel over to my brother, it is now Alex Hamilton Diesel. He has 7 years in the diesel repair business, and is very capable. He specializes in engine builds(performance or OEM), head oring/fire ring, cam, valvetrain, charger installation, and just about anything else that will make your cummins go.

I am almost done with my new office/warehouse for Hamilton Cams at our current location, and will be posting my new contact info. For now I can still be reached at 512-778-6150. I will have an office line as well as experiment with an after hours cell phone so that I can better serve the weekend warriors, when I am available.(bad coverage in Castell) Hopefully in the next month I will finish the new website so that you can order directly from it. Thanks for all of your business. I look forward to meeting all of you at the events around the country this summer.

thanks,
Zach Hamilton

had me scared there with the news of crane cams and then the title of you closing shop. glad to hear your doing well.

Soo just basicly changing names or...theres going to be 2 diff. shops or store fronts open? Glad it didnt end up like it read at first..
Ryan

We now have two offices at one location. I shut Hamilton Diesel down dec.31st., Jan. 1 we opened up Alex Hamilton Diesel. It was just getting to be too much with the cams, springs, pushrods, roller rockers, and now our new cylinder head project. I just officially got Hamilton Cams opened, that is why I waited to make the announcement. I can still be reached for now at our normal number. I didn't know Crane went under or I would have changed the tone of the title. It is kind of sad to hear about them. Harvey Crane still works a couple of days a week from 6-12 at his home in florida designing profiles and consulting, from what one of his friends told me. He has not run Crane for a few years now. This is a tough market, a lot of manufacturing is going overseas which makes it even harder.

Zach

Last edited:
I wish I never had to buy anything but made in USA. Heck I buy made in Texas whenever I can. The sad truth is that too many americans with 4 year degrees are above blue collar labor for fair wages,which leaves Mexico and China.

One time I tried for a month to not buy anything from china or wal-mart.......It is almost impossible. I challenge you to try it! Anybody want to try and give us some feedback?

Zach

It's hard to find something at work (CARQUEST) that isn't made in China or Taiwan. Even the KD tools and Gearwrenches are.

When we finished the design on the 12v cylinder head I started getting quotes from US companies......... they laughed at a 1000 piece order. The only way to get the project off of the ground was to go overseas. I am waiting on a couple more quotes. Hopefully I can keep the build out of china at least.

Zach Hamilton

Sad thing is the china and taiwan stuff is starting to surpass American with quality.

Just realized something, I bet Don had a downer like no other when he fugured out your still in bussiness.

:hehe:...he probably stripped down to his underwear and poured a glass of wine then read the thread and dumped it on himself.

When we finished the design on the 12v cylinder head I started getting quotes from US companies......... they laughed at a 1000 piece order. The only way to get the project off of the ground was to go overseas. I am waiting on a couple more quotes. Hopefully I can keep the build out of china at least.

Zach Hamilton

Come on zach to heck with the 12valve stuff. Get on the 24valve crap asap. I need another head but going to go all the way this time. I just cant find one to start off with.

i was wondering when you guys were gonna change names to Alexs.. i heard yall were doing this a few months ago.. glad everythings working out good for ya man!

zach i wouldnt mind stopping by and meeting
you and alex. i pass by your shop going
through seward junction on the way to
the farm - you guys ever around there on
saturday ?

I myself appreciate the honesty with going overseas.Dont like the idea but I do understand why you do it.And because of your honesty it would not stop me from buying from you-----just good buisness!
Dave

Elephant rider- if we are there on saturdays, we are usually working on my dakota. If you see us there feel free to stop in and have a cup of joe or Lonestar.

Justin- I wish I had enough money for the 24v project. The design on it is finished, I am just waiting on the 12v stuff to come in first.

Diesel Monster- Whos springs and pushrods are you running in that rig.
BTW my girlfriend was fascinated with your rig at scheid. In fact she has a picture of us under it.