Hamilton Head

Sabastian458

I have been searching and searching, even sent a couple emails out but can’t get solid information.

I am looking at buying a new head for my build. I’ve pretty much landed on the Hamilton high swirl head but I can notfind any reviews or information about people running them.

My biggest question is valve sizing. When do you go to the 1.85 intake valve? If I stayed at the 1.75/1.75 valves, would I regret it at some point?

Currently building a +.020 over 1996 Cummins. 178/208 Hamilton cam, 18 degree timing, AFE manifold, banks twin ram, k27, afc live, bd exhaust brake, twin disk clutch, rebuilt Nv4500

looking to eventually add a S369 compound when the funds recover.

You're a long way from where you'd benefit from that head. Much less bigger valves in it.

When said and done, I should be 600-650hp I believe. From what little I can find, the High Swirl Head was made for daily drivers/towing trucks. I know it will be over kill for just the K27 at first, but since I need a head, and I will be going compound, would this head not be beneficial?

I tried looking for stock 6bt Head valve diameters and couldn’t find it, so I’m not 100% on how much larger the 1.75/1.75 setup is from stock.