Hanging at WOT

CUMMINSTD

New Ride, Poor Wallet :/
I'm working on a 06 3500, and of you floor it for a second in neutral it stays ruining wide open for about 6 seconds, then it roughly pulsates/surges as it comes back to an idle. If your driving then it will continue to pull for a few seconds. I've swapped the fca, and rail pressure sensor and it made no difference, also checked the rp on the scan tool and is getting the exact pressure the computer is demanding which is also in normal parameters. The customer has had a bully dog triple dog on this truck for quite some time. I've heard of bully dog causing issues but have never had an experience myself. Not sure what to do next, thanks.

I would say it's time for injectors. Excessive wear causes them to be unable to close off the fuel flow through the nozzle when rail pressure is higher then idle. You covered your bases pretty well with it the FCA. Had a few trucks do this, injectors fixed them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The truck has 188000 miles on it, not sure what the life expectancy is on the injectors.

Ha ha well I know of a 06 dodge that's for sale now lol

very impressive on the VC mi amigo!

injectors start to fade around 100k depending on fuel quality and such. mine made it 120k some guys see 140k etc etc.

188k is a job well done! :(

injectors start to fade around 100k depending on fuel quality and such. mine made it 120k some guys see 140k etc etc.

Thanks, it took a while to get it figured out, welded, and polished, I'm happy with the end result. The guy with the bad injectors is selling the truck now, it's got some tranny and dash cluster issues.

I got 301k on my stockers!!!! :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

shut your mouth! dang, thats some good fuel filtration and good luck!

OP, just so you know, IMO, when rpm's flutter on the decel that almost always screams injectors to me.

as others stated... injectors

my originals went at 200K but I did have a 2 micron filtration system in place for 50K miles.. my dads went at 150K miles with a two micron in place for about 30K miles...

my throttle hung open as you described when my injectors were gone... and had white fumes out the tailpipe as well...