Hard Look

biggy238

New to smarty technology. I have an early 03 (built 02) with the 250 hp cpl and 47RE trans.

Do any of these offer control over the transmission? I briefly check out the catcher but thought i'd better ask.

Kyle

The smarty offers 4 levels of torque management delete, it does not let you control the shift points

I wasnt aware that the smarty could or did control the transmission????

makes sense, the Dodge trannies aren't computer controlled

Really? That's why they require a computer to shift them in and out of OD and lock up in a stock dodge? It's even that way on the RH's. Yes they can be ran without a computer but in stock form they use one.

Really? That's why they require a computer to shift them in and out of OD and lock up in a stock dodge? It's even that way on the RH's. Yes they can be ran without a computer but in stock form they use one.

cool, now use a programmer to change shift points and line pressure! :D

Forrest are you really that stupid??? RE means wat?? electronic which requires a computer. ah crap i forgot that a computer tellin the trans to shift means its not electronic. man i forgot that when i learned up on the dodge transmissions. Kinda nice of you to try to bust a guy for askin a question then you're response is that all the dodge transmissions are RH... dam i missed that part of the dodge trans after 97. Good luck with ur hydraulic 48s and 68s. dumbass

Forrest are you really that stupid??? RE means wat?? electronic which requires a computer. ah crap i forgot that a computer tellin the trans to shift means its not electronic. man i forgot that when i learned up on the dodge transmissions. Kinda nice of you to try to bust a guy for askin a question then you're response is that all the dodge transmissions are RH... dam i missed that part of the dodge trans after 97. Good luck with ur hydraulic 48s and 68s. dumbass

the guy was asking about programmers that control transmission function... they don't... the only thing that's computer controlled is OD and lockup, and on the later trucks, kickdown. You can buy modules that alter the AAPS/TPS reading, but the RE's aren't solenoid controlled. You're not going to change shift points or line pressure with a programmer, or did you not realize that, dumbass?

didn't realize I was on DTR or Cumminsforum where you have to dumb everything down to the kindergarden level and start from the begining. I thought this was CompD :confused:

Wow...Kinda hard on you in here ain't they Forrest??

I never realized that something that could be accomplished with 2 switches was really that technical to be called computer controlled...huh, guess I'm a dick too!

Chris

Back