hard start

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Well it just started in the last 2-3 days, if the truck sits over night it is slightly hard to start. Usually i dont even wait for the grid heater as it is still 65-75* out. Its not a real ***** to start,but it fires right away then shuts off. Usually on the second attempt it fires, then stumbles then idles rough for 2-4 sec and then clears up. It also seems to have quite a bit od white smoke for about the first 2-3 min of idle.

about 5 months/5k miles ago the truck got a new lift pump, rubber fuel lines, timing about 7k ago, fuel filter, overflow valve, injectors, and fuel strainer and o rings.

I think i will change my fuel filter first. the only other thing i think could be wrong is the rubber lines i replaced i thiunk were fuel rated but not diesel if that matters. Any other areas i should check?

Rick

If they aren't diesel rated then they could have possibly rotted through and is sucking air. Also, an o-ring could have gone bad on an injector and that's losing the prime.

It's leaking back someplace. Check the top of the fuel tank. It may have rusted throught the metal lines that enter the tank. Usually the top of the tank will be damp with fuel.

Don't forget the fuel heater. Common place for air leak. Throw it away. The prefilter will still mount without it.

Well it seems to have healed itself, it starts up and runs good with the typical haze it has always had since i installed the injectors.