Hard Start!??!?!

jmanf250

Gasser Smasher
I have an issue all the time now ..... it takes two seperate turns of the key to get the truck started. The 1st turn is crank no start and the 2nd cranks for a about 6 secs. then starts. Which is about 3 secs more then "normal". I have already had a new High Pressure oil Pump installed.... that was the reason for this when I 1st got the truck, new, in the 1st 3 weeks. They said, it would not happen again. I seem to think that this really started when i got my SCT programmer. Not sure if it is related though? HELP?

You prob have a high pressure oil leak somewhere. Pull off the valve covers and crank over the engine and you should look for oil leaking around the injectors and plugs in the oil rails. It doesn't take much of a leak at all to cause issues. Could also be a leaking STC fitting on the HPOP if your truck is an 05 or newer. Hope you find your problem.
Tyler

my 05 is doing the same thing.. it will usually stay running after the 1st try but it sounds so bad that i just turn it off and cycle my glowplugs 2 or 3 times and then its just clattering and what not till it warms up, dealer told me it was probably a bad injector since it blue smokes but im thinking about replacing all the o-rings and go ahead and put a new hpop on, think this would help?

Probably won't help. If its a spool valve situation, those are inside the tops of the injector. I think all 6.0L owners need to have a nice big sit down and do a little "How an Injector fires." class.

cool.... thanks guys.... another ? - when I was replacing my intake with me new CFM, i found just a bit of oil in the throat of the intake and in the boost tube.... is that bad? just a bit though

The crankcase vent goes right into the intake track, so the oil has no choice but to be there.

Got my comp flashed and the came up with a new update for the injectors.. starts right up now, no sputtering or anything.. dont have to wait for it to hit normal temp to be able to take off anymore..

Back