Has anybody tried this?

1QikDzl

Just curious if anybody has pulled twice in an event once with hanging weights and once without? About how many foot difference between the two? :thankyou2:

i havent in the same nite but at the same track to different days with wieght in the box and floor of the cab and i actually went further with out the wieghts but only like 2 feet if that but i want to try hanging wieghts this year

last year i pulled the first nighyt with no added weight then the second night i added 1200 in the bed and gained almost 30 ft

Im wondering if i should spend the money to set my truck up for hanging weights in the front , which i heard isnt cheap especially after totally rebuilding my engine, or just go poor mans style and throw some weight in the bed. Ive seen in a styin mag these water bags for the bed of the truck that weigh up to 400 pounds. Im sure that will get some laughs.

I don't think it makes to much of a difference honestly unless your throwing 1200 pounds up front. I am not really certain yet how much weight I will be able to hang maybe 400 pounds. But in some of these events ever inch you gain is an inch on the competition.

kevin , two different classes but did they change the weight on the sled? How about weight in the bed , waist of time or no? not sure where you hooked at but would they allow you to pull with the guys hanging weights if you didnt have any?

i have tried it, i am from Canada, up here we have 2 classes, pro-street and pro-modified, in pro street were not allowed hanging weight or water INJ, pro mod ur allowed, in the pro-street class i pulled around 250ft, that was where everybody was landing and then in the pro-mod class, i was landing just shy of 300ft, it makes a big diffence in my opinion, i was hanging about 1200lbs out the front, thats 60'' from the cent of the axle, and that was in a regular cab 2500 dodge, this year im building a 95 club cab and my goal is to try and get somewhere near 2000lbs out the front, if you can run the weight i suggest you try it, you will notice a BIG difference, and it makes a HUGE diffence having the weight infront of the cab rather then in the box, good luck

Hang weights. I got beat by a guy in one class, then went and move the 800lbs to the front, and put 15 feet on him.

its crazy what the weight out the front and a good tire combination can do for you even when your under powered compared to the other guys in your class, especially on a reg cab, weight out the front is a must in my eyes, but each to there own

sounds like im gonna have to save some money and hang some weight. Until i get them i guess ill have to hook without. Thanks for the input guys. now whats the cheapest set up but still works fine. At this time funds are limited after the rebuild.

Yeah but the guys that only hang 2-300 pounds I don't think It helps much. Now if your hanginig 800+ pounds on the front it is gonna make a difference. I've beat alot of trucks that were hanging weights and I wasn't. I do plan on hanging weights this year just for a little bit of an advantage.