?!!!Have a injector/trany question for someone!!!?

250sprayboy06

i have an 06 dodge 3/4 ton w/ no mods. would it be safe to put 150HP nossels on w/out anytrany up grades? i heard injectors are like a turbo, you have to make HP to get HP.

You will need the proper supporting mods for 150s. This forum has a lot of useful information on HP and supporting mods if you take the time to search for it - also look at the signatures - you can gain a lot of info in a short amount of time

i have an 06 dodge 3/4 ton w/ no mods. would it be safe to put 150HP nossels on w/out anytrany up grades? i heard injectors are like a turbo, you have to make HP to get HP.

You will at least want a good torque converter and valve body. A stock CP3 wont support 150hp injectors, either. What do plan on using the truck for? Knowing that could help with giving you some direction on how to build it, and what parts to be upgrading.

Starting with injectors may not be your best best here...Like the above ^ said, the stock cp3 may not keep up with 150hp injectors..Just like it won't keep up with most programers either.....BTW, You will want a FASS (aftermarket lift pump) before adding much fuel anyway.....Then add the cp3 mods, injectors, etc.

You would acheive much better results to just get a simple programmer or box and leave it on a moderate setting...

But lets address the more import issues first, You need to address the exhaust and intake first...Even if you just remove the CAT or put a straight pipe in would help air flow and EGT's before adding the fuel.....Some sort of intake would be need here too...

Secondly, If you are under some delusion that you'll stop at 150 hp injectors and leave it alone....YOU SADLY MISTAKIN!!!!! LOL

Like he ^ said above, spent some time here reading first...I wished I had in the beginning, insteaded of just looking at diesel mags...!!!

Educate yourself!! Don't be in such a huge hurry!!

When in doubt!!!!! ADD THE AIR FIRST!!! THEN THE FUEL!!!!!

Don't be affraid to ask questions either!! Most of us here will be glad to help!!!:Cheer:

BTW - If you EVER plan to go much higher than 90-100 hp over stock, START SAVING FOR A "GARMONS DIESEL" BUILT TRANNY NOW!!!! His number is in my signature!!!!! Let me know if I can help ya!

You aren't going to see much of an improvement with 150 nozzles without a programmer anyway.:badidea:

its not all stock..

i have a k&n cold air a straight pipe(dual 7'in miter stacks) an tranny,bost, an egt gages. my buddy that has the injectors on his mega cab (stacked07) an he has alot of mods. but he still has a stock cp3, but big turbo 150/150 fass an all sorts of crap. my biggest issue is the tranny. i do have a preadeter an i put it on RKL file an it white smoked liked hell an think it sliped the converter so i took it off that an put it on the economy mode an it hasnt sliped or anything. so i dont know.

You can do what ever you want it's your truck but with 150 stix your going to drain the rail without a modded pump, run the cp3 dry without a lift pump, and run really hot without a turbo.

I been running 150HP stixs for the past week without a modded CP3 and I will tell you from personal experience. DON'T DO IT!!! Without a programmer, the truck still halls as$. And if you have a heavy right foot, then say bye bye to your tranny.

If you are still going to install the 150HP stixs; a CP3 or duals will lower your EGT's,atomize the fuel(runs cleaner), and you won't drain your rail. If you don't have enough fuel, you will keep draining your rail which will lead to injector damage. I run my Smarty at level #1 and EZ on level 3 to get some RP. But still putting a modded CP3 or duals will add at least a netted 50+ HP

Back