Have to order today....one more time....Toyo or Kumho

PTSUPERD

^^ Rockin the Fez!
Tire in question is 38-15.50 r20

I can get the Kumho for $365 ea or the Toyo M/T for $432.50 ea.

I'm leaning toward the Kumho. Havent heard anything negative about either tire except a few people commenting on slight vibration at higher speed with the Kumhos.

any more feedback?

I'm gonna pull the trigger by day's end.

Wheel will be 20x10 Mazzi Hulk. Not my first choice, but I cant pass up the deal.

I have not run either tire, so my choice is based solely on looks. Kumho

Lots of people have ran the Toyos with zero problems. There are not a lot of experiences with the Kumhos but everything I've heard has been good. I'd go with the Kumhos, 1) to try something new and 2) the price is definitely better. I know Truck Toyz has been running a lot of Kumhos lately and they really like them and that says a lot.

As far as vibration, think about the size tire and size wheel. I bet a lot of those vibes are due to the wheels more than the tire, honestly. My wife has a nice nice set of 20's on her Yukon, low profile tires, and I just can not get rid of the vibes from 70 to 75 and I know its the wheels. I never balanced my Toyos and haven't balanced the Pro Comps I run now and never had a vibe. If you start to feel a slight one, it's probably time for a rotate or you have mud up in there.

sredish said:
Lots of people have ran the Toyos with zero problems. There are not a lot of experiences with the Kumhos but everything I've heard has been good. I'd go with the Kumhos, 1) to try something new and 2) the price is definitely better. I know Truck Toyz has been running a lot of Kumhos lately and they really like them and that says a lot.

As far as vibration, think about the size tire and size wheel. I bet a lot of those vibes are due to the wheels more than the tire, honestly. My wife has a nice nice set of 20's on her Yukon, low profile tires, and I just can not get rid of the vibes from 70 to 75 and I know its the wheels. I never balanced my Toyos and haven't balanced the Pro Comps I run now and never had a vibe. If you start to feel a slight one, it's probably time for a rotate or you have mud up in there.

Good points!

Not really my opinion...

But I talk with Marty often about tires (especially after I sold my 38s) he said if he was running 38s or if Kuhmo made a 40/15.50R20 that would be his tire.

Both look badass...I like the look of the Toyos a tad better though.
I also like the MTZ's (seen them for $393 each in the 38/15.50R20) and the Dick Cepek Mud Country (maybe since it has "DC" all over the sidewall?? LOL )

i run the toyo open country a/t's and love them. no noise. great feel. good grip. just love them.

DCSpecial said:
Not really my opinion...

But I talk with Marty often about tires (especially after I sold my 38s) he said if he was running 38s or if Kuhmo made a 40/15.50R20 that would be his tire.

Both look badass...I like the look of the Toyos a tad better though.
I also like the MTZ's (seen them for $393 each in the 38/15.50R20) and the Dick Cepek Mud Country (maybe since it has "DC" all over the sidewall?? LOL )

I definately value Marty's opinion, (already got the scoop from him on their experience with Kumho) as well as yours Dan.

I think I've made up my mind.

KUMHO. :Cheer:

Well. My tire guy was having some issues getting the Kumhos for the price he told me (from his supplier) and it was gonna take longer than I wanted.

SO

I ordered Toyo M/Ts. :woohoo:

I run Kumhos and like them. The agressive MT's in the skinny 235 size don't see to last very long, but these 285's are wearing great. And with the last four days dumping about 4 to 5 inches of rain, I'm dang glad I got them. I have no negative feedback for ya on the Kumhos. I bought mine from Jegs.com for $120 each delivery included last fall. Looks like it is too late. Enjoy your Toyos!
285s with 2inch.JPG

toyos!!! I need to go pick up my set of M/T's in the 35x12.5x18..Good luck post up some pics when they are mounted!!