having a hard time getting truck in gear?

mtatsch

nv 4500 tranny will not go in reverse unless I turn off the truck and is veryy hard getting in any other gear at a dead stop. OK when moving. I had recently put a new valair 450hp clutch. And also just replaced the slave cylinder about a month ago because of this same problem but not as bad. It seemed to help for a few weeks. I dont know if its somthing in the tranny or if the rod going to the clutch pedal needs to be lengthened for slightly more travel in the clutch? any help is greatly appreciated :bang

well I figured out 1 thing I took the slave out of the transmission and I didnt cut the straps that hold the rod in so it wasnt disengaging the clutch all the way, worked fine after I cut them and put back in. now its doing the same thing what im wondering is do i need to buy another slave. because i dont know if it is weakened any?

Sounds like the slave to me. I know Peter at South Bend sells upgraded hydrolics [sp] that work great :rockwoot:

Take the slave cylinder out of the bellhousing & prime the slave by pressing the rod in/out. This will help to bleed the hydraulics system. Then check that your rod that hooks to your clutch pedal doesn't have a bad bushing or connection is loose. Advanced Diesel Technology has the hydraulics & cheapest that I've seen. 304-864-3399....tell Doug that Jamie said to call.

well, I think I figured out what the deal is I think it is the bearing retainer on the tranny not allowing the throwout bearing to slide out all the way I will post again when I find out for sure :rockwoot: :woohoo: